Wiki: Current Account Switching Incentives šŸ’ø

And for someone who is genuinely looking to switch their main current account, Ā£220 is still a pretty good incentive. We just see things through an unusual lensšŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Yeah, it is a pretty decent deal if you actually do want to switch and save with them. Itā€™s just a way for them to stop being switching for easy money which makes sense and Iā€™m surprised other banks havenā€™t done yet.

1 Like

Not much worse than TSB for similar effort. Same Ā£1/month Amazon top-up, add Ā£50/month for savings and Ā£1500 instead of TSBā€™s Ā£500 bounced in each month for Ā£220 instead of TSBā€™s Ā£200.

Canā€™t have held an account at all since 2019? Feels a bit crap excluding existing customers who would be minded to switch.

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s def the biggest time period Iā€™ve seen to date.

1 Like

I would understand it more if it was about benefiting from a switch offer, but just having an account seems a bit unfair.

1 Like

HSBC switch terms, March 2024, Ā£100+Ā£120

1 Like

How to switch your current bank account | Santander UK

You have to visit a branch to switch if youā€™re a current customer?

Never seen that before.

Iā€™ve literally only just opened an accountā€¦ for Ā£185 I could undertake the branch journeyā€¦

1 Like

I read on another forum that last time Santander said that, they were also able to phone up instead and still get the offer. It might be worth asking Santander just to make sure.

1 Like

Is v2 the same form everyoneā€™s been using for Cater Allen or different?

Itā€™s referring to Santanderā€™s own private banking account

1 Like

Going for the Santander account. Do I need active Direct Debits on the account I intend to switch to then or do I need to set them up once Iā€™ve switched over to them?

1 Like

If you, or anyone named on the account has previously received a switcher incentive on any of our accounts, you will not be eligible for this offer.

Thatā€™s First Direct levels of brutal

1 Like

I can see why though. People have already got an offer are more likely to be those that just go around switching accounts, which banks seem to want to try to reduce happening (both HSBC and TSB have done offers that give more money if you stay longer).

Oh I understand why they are doing it.

Itā€™s a horrible trend to see happening from our perspective.

Itā€™s like Santander just saw HSBCs you canā€™t have had an account in the past five years and said hold my beer.

2 Likes

I can see the onboarding campaign follow up meetingā€¦

:man_shrugging: hm we used to get 5000 switches, but now only seeing 500 new customersā€¦

:person_tipping_hand: Do you think we set the criteria too high?

:man_shrugging: Are you saying people werenā€™t switching to bank with us because we are brilliant?

:person_shrugging: I think itā€™s very likely sir they just wanted the money

5 Likes

Terms for Santander March 2024

1 Like

I think the common idea has always been ā€˜serial switchersā€™ are few and far between. But certainly last year it felt there was a lot more attention on getting this ā€˜free moneyā€™ perhaps there was a large amount of new signups for bonuses who literally just left. (I think commonly people who switch on average will stay with the bank). Perhaps thatā€™s why the terms are harsher for every bank now

I was going to switch out my Virgin account. Itā€™s been dormant and now theyā€™re lowering the interest rate on it thereā€™s less likelihood Iā€™ll return. Canā€™t decide if it would better to go for Lloyds and grab the ā€œfreeā€ Disney+ or try out Santanderā€™s offerings with Edge and the tasty rate on savings. I only have the one account Iā€™m willing to sacrifice at the momentā€¦