When will Monzo support Apple Pay?

Not really annoying I find the excuses to why not quite amusing :see_no_evil:

It’s like saying what’s the fuss about around having a mobile phone or a skyQbox when we have perfectly functioning phone booths and VHS recorders (80’s)

Let’s provide the Monzo members with what is readily available as a tool / aid that already exists on the street

4 Likes

Like waiting for it for months while every other bank supports it is not?

2 Likes

That was a (not so) private joke with Danny :slight_smile: I know why people are frustrated. If you don’t like that comment, please ignore it!

4 Likes

Monzo when we keep asking for Apple Pay

giphy%20(1)

Me when I keep asking for Apple Pay

giphy%20(2)

Me when Apply Pay comes

giphy

8 Likes

Why not remove it rather than asking to ignore
This is an open forum

1 Like

Dude it’s a running joke, no need to remove it.

7 Likes

Shippers
I’m not your dude

And I would like see Apple Pay on Monzo

1 Like

I used apple pay with Barclays and it was a bliss.

Once anyone starts paying with the phone, using the a card feels like a step back which is actually what I am sacrificing for Monzo in the last weeks. Every. Single. Day. Every. Single. Transaction.

Feedback form the app is not worth it. Full stop.
Patience has a limit. Either get this out or will move back to Barclays.

11 Likes

I am looking at going back to Metro or actually using my Starling account.

3 Likes

I just used Android Pay for the first time just yesterday, and did not experience this epiphany. But then, taking a phone out or taking a card out my pocket are similar for me. And I happen to know that Barclays was also ‘late’ for Apple Pay so I assume you were patient before.

3 Likes

You get used to it, specially if your hand lives attached to your phone, which may not be your case.

2 Likes

Thank you for the tip. I can see Metro has Apple Pay support: https://www.metrobankonline.co.uk/ways-to-bank/products/apple-pay/

Will have a look :smiley:

2 Likes

A semi regular reminder :grinning:

We know that Apple Pay is a highly requested feature, perhaps the single most highly requested feature at this point on time. We are acutely aware of that and we’d love to offer it.

Getting irritated that it’s not a feature that we have right now doesn’t achieve anything positive. It unfortunately doesn’t change the situation, so ultimately it becomes a personal decision - if you’re able to be patient then we’d appreciate that. If you’re not able to, perhaps another financial service would suit you better right now - for us, and the vast majority of our passionate users, our value isn’t intrinsically tied with being able to offer contactless payments from your mobile phone. If that is the case, fair enough - but you might well find that you’d like to start using our services again within the next few months.

There are some running jokes and lots of memes flying around, but if they descend into bickering, we will close this thread. To be honest, there’s already an argument that there’s not much value that can possibly be added to this thread that hasn’t already been said, but if we can all agree not to snipe at each other, we’re happy to keep it open for now :grinning:

29 Likes

I think we can all read between the lines :wink: This is probably the single most reassuring message about Apple Pay that I’ve seen from Monzo. Let’s be patient.

15 Likes

It could be the case. Reading between the lines has suggested a few months every few months for the past year. Just got to keep waiting. I just hope that when it is revealed they can explain why it took so long.

15 Likes

i agree with the above statement.

1 Like

I don’t think there would be any value in closing the thread. In a matter of minutes someone will start a new one. :wink:

4 Likes

I think this should be closed, we all know Monzo aren’t gonna bring Apple Pay this year coz it’s not even on that board they have so they leave these open to troll us all for internal lulz and I am sick of it, I think it is disgusting behavior and should be stopped immediately, anyway people don’t want Apple Pay, they want crap like Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Samsung Pay, Pebble Pay basically anything but Apple pay.

Close this thread now it’s a disgrace!!!

Also is Apple Pay here yet? :man_cartwheeling::man_dancing: Trollol

4 Likes

Some world-class flouncing going on here…

1. A lot of us want it. No need to repeat that.
  2. We don’t need more use cases as to why people save 1.37 seconds using an iPhone vs. Removing wallet.
  3. There is evidently an Apple NDA or similar in place hence the lack of ‘formal’ updates.
  4. Try and be patient and the calm it brings may pervade into other aspects of your life and make your existence more Zen.
8 Likes

Where’s the evidence for this? Without being told one way or the other, there is no evidence of this being true.