What music are you listening to at the moment?

Apparently Zimmer turned down Tenet to do Dune

He’s also been doing the live tours too which probably take time away from new work.

2 Likes

He made the right choice on Dune vs Tenet though.

1 Like

I definitely felt his absence in Tenet.

Nolan’s films have always had that really one iconic track that sticks with you and a signature sound you hear just thinking of the film. Interstellar and Inception being my personal favourites. Tenet was really forgettable in comparison. I don’t remember the soundtrack from that at all.

That’s the impact Zimmer has. At least for me.

It’s certainly a very different vibe. The scores from Inception and Interstellar sound a lot more emotional in places but that fitted those stores more than Tenet I think.

1 Like

They’re both brilliant composers.

The Interstellar theme is a real standout for me but Foils from Tenet is also a classic and very recognisable too.

I have to say, I can’t remember any of the music from Dunkirk and that was Zimmer. Maybe time for a re-listen.

Well I’ve been on a Hans Zimmer listening marathon today thanks to this thread.

Currently on this:

The best of the POTC soundtracks IMO.

The films are probably due a rewatch soon. Gotta have been at least 4 months since I last marathoned em.

2 Likes

Since finding out that Hadestown is coming to the West End next year, I’ve been listening to the original concept album quite a bit. Why is next year so far away?

Brad. In the moment that you’re born. Sadly this is a posthumous release as the lead singer has died. They were around in 90s. Giving me the 90s grunge vibes that I love.

2 Likes

The absolute definition of an ear-worm. Not slept properly for 4 days coz of this:

Ted Lasso Season 3 sound track, having just binged all but the last episode :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice. Love 90s Grunge.

In particular

2 Likes

That’s a pretty good song

1 Like

Thanks for posting this. Listening to Alice in Chains now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Loooove Mad Season. That whole album is outstanding.

:musical_note:I’m the maaaaan in the box…

Haven’t listened to much Yeah Yeah Yeahs, but this is acting as a gateway for me… Love the anthemic synth strings! The album’s helping displace some of the bleakness I’ve been feeling for the past couple of weeks! :grin:

3 Likes

That is an absolutely superb track and one on my revolving playlist.

1 Like

Not music but I’m listening to this each week after watching the latest episode.

2 Likes

We lost Nanci Griffith to Cancer two years ago today.

This is probably my favourite song of hers (although ‘Love At The Five and Dime’ runs it close)

THis particular performance seemed to mean a lot to her:

Another work week has begun and this is the soundtrack for the morning.