We're working on a new look for the Monzo app

Love the new design.

I’m seeing a bug with a ‘1’ notification on the Home button, but clicking it does nothing. I then clicked the ‘bell’ icon (although not sure why these two would be related (put the “1” on the bell surely?) but I have nothing in my ‘inbox’ either. Bug.

Also, the total at the very top of the screen doesn’t update until you drag the transactions list up and down (to display the card a bit, then back up).

1 Like

Loving the new layout! Much cleaner.

Only issue I’m having at the moment is that unless I’m missing something I can’t switch between my joint and personal account…which is somewhat frustrating!

1 Like

Just long press the menu bar at the bottom to change accounts

1 Like

Side thought: Is there a need for some documentation? One thing the shuffling around of the UI has brought to light seems to be that some elements of navigation aren’t obvious enough.

A la long press the bottom bar to switch accounts, or how to set up your monzo.me link?

I know we have a WIKI here on the forum but I also know there is an entire industry of professionals who write up this stuff for a living…

4 Likes

Thanks! Thought I’d tried that already tbh! I suppose this is what happens when you try things out for the first time at 6am!

1 Like

I mean, this was provided to people with the very stark warning that it’s not finished, is a work in progress and things might not work. So I don’t think a Wiki is needed, as that could be quickly out of date.

Which is the benefit of a WIKI it can be quickly updated.

But for the deeper parts of the UI that don’t change so much?

Just a thought. There is a newbies thread but even then it’s easy to miss simple things.

I filled out the form last week, but i’m still on the same old Monzo.

Are only the cool kids getting in for now?

1 Like

Ha-ha. I signed up yesterday - no word as yet. Not sure how long it takes though.

Yours, (not remotely cool) R-

1 Like

Are you on iOS or Android?

If on iOS, have you update the app? and then ‘killed it’ and restarted?

When is this ‘left to spend’ ‘12 days to go’ coming to the iOS version?

ecd668439854d8023252661d91c989b59e693ae6_2_243x500

3 Likes

I’m on Android.

Ahhh hopefully someone else can help you then. Might be some tips in this thread??

It is not out on Android yet. Later this week or early next week apparently.

1 Like

So it is, I managed to miss that part. Cheers, that explains it. :+1:

I can take heart that I might be a cool kid after all.

1 Like

How are you getting to overdraft information? This is still broken for me. It’s as if the app doesn’t know I have an overdraft and is trying to offer me one but the button does nothing.

It should be available on the 2.45 release (Android Beta this week, main Android release next week)

Hope springs eternal. R-

It’ll be in the next release :slight_smile:

2 Likes

First impressions are I like the new design.
However I need the overall balance of all my accounts as adding up all the pots is a faff!

5 Likes