We're working on a new look for the Monzo app

when will users with business accounts be able to use the new app

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you can switch lending promotions off in your settings?

Thanks but I’ve had ‘lending promotions’ switched off for a while now and I’m still seeing the adverts… I also note that if I’ve been viewing the joint account, I don’t even see that setting when I enter the settings page. I have to exit, select the sole account, then return to settings to even see the config. option.

Unpopular opinion I’m sure, but I’m not a fan of the “.00” on balances :frowning_face:

1 Like

@simonb I have a personal and joint account. In the new nav, the last selected account isn’t retained consistently between uses of the app. Also, the feed often ends up as below

1 Like

Thanks for reporting! I have seen similar behaviour and I think this may be a bug we’re aware of. If not, @bruno is regularly checking this thread.

3 Likes

I’ve been longing for this since the introduction! This really should have been done a long time ago…

2 Likes

Android has it, I believe. Not iOS though :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

I do this exact same thing :heart:

1 Like

Thank you

:pray:t2::ok_hand:t2:

What was the old iOS freeze animation? On android so have never seen it

setting up a joint savings pot from the new layout wasnt possible, it was trying to use my personal balance not my joinit balance

1 Like

Yes :cry:

1 Like

I haven’t had the issue with the feed going grey like that but the single account being the app default is very annoying!!! Definitely needs fixing.

First of all, thanks to @bruno and the gang working on this. It’s so refreshing to be able to preview and give feedback on new design work, and to have such a lively conversation about the work. It takes a lot of courage to be this open to critique, especially when the people critiquing don’t know all of the limitations that you’re working with. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Updated feedback for 2.63.0:

Context: iPhone X, iOS 12.4.1. I have a personal account with one pot and a joint account with three pots.

Overview of all accounts and pots

• Having the link to the overview in the top left is frustrating: it’s not obvious and it’s the furthest away from my thumb.
  • The gesture to go from the Home screen to the account overview is not easily discoverable.
  • Adding a difficult to discover gesture is not a good way to solve the problem (that the overview is hard to get to in the first place).
  • This new gesture does not feel intuitive.
    • [FIXED] It is only activated by pulling the bottom half of the screen and not the cards/pots.
    • When activating the gesture, it seems strange that the entire screen including the profile photo and search is animated. I think it should feel like you’re zooming out of the account, not the entire app.

Navigating between accounts and pots

• Having to reach to the top third of the screen to move left and right feels like a lot of effort. It would be much more natural if you could swipe left and right on the big white panel.
    • [NEW] Unless I’m mistaken, in 2.63 the height of the card/pot in the default view is shorter than 2.62 and before - less of the card/pot is peeking out. This makes it harder to navigate left and right.
  • The big white panel (transaction list/pot details) can be in three positions and it’s not easy to consistently place it where you want. It feels like it’s my job to keep managing which position it’s in and keep adjusting it.
  • It feels like it takes a long time to move between accounts. Every personal account pot makes it slower to get to my joint account, which discourages pot usage.
  • Tapping the home icon to switch accounts is not easily discoverable.
    • Relying on a shortcut to quickly switch accounts was a flaw in the previous design and this just feels like a different way of doing the same thing.
    • There is no animation when you tap the home icon to switch accounts, so it may be difficult to understand what has happened, especially if you have discovered this shortcut by accident.
  • The Home button in the main view seems to have two functions.
    • When you first tap the Home button, the transaction list moves down to reveal account options - why? If you tap it again, it then switches accounts. This is very confusing.

Nav bar

• [FIXED] The nav bar is not persistent, which makes it harder to understand where you are and get around.
  • Different screens have different ways of getting Home. For example:
    • In the account overview, select an account in the middle of the screen
    • In Summary, press Close in the top right
    • In Settings, press Back in the top left
  • [NEW] Where is home? The behaviour of the ‘Home’ button doesn’t give a consistent answer:
    • In account overview, tapping Home scrolls to the top of that screen, implying that view is ‘home’
    • In the main (card and pots) view, tapping Home keeps you in that view, implying that view is ‘home’
    • In Payments, tapping Home takes you go to the main (card and pots) view
    • In a transaction details screen, tapping Home takes you go to the main (card and pots) view

What’s going on in my account

• You can’t see the affect of your spending on your balance through the month as there is no graph and no running balance.
  • [FIXED] The “£x left for y days” thing does not have the days to go indicator, so you cannot easily see how much money you have vs how many days remain.
  • The placement of Summary in the top right feels arbitrary.
  • In Summary, you can no longer switch between personal and joint accounts.
  • [NEW] When you tap on the Summary icon/bar, it doesn’t always got to the current month.

Misc

• There is now seems to be a Settings menu inside another Settings screen. Click on your face in Home -> Settings cog in account overview -> Settings
5 Likes

Little bit of feedback based on the new screens unearthed by the android crew (presumably the onboarding screens for the new nav), I feel like it would be useful to have one that points out that summary hasn’t gone and left to spend is visible on the main screen, based on some of the comments that have popped up on the forum recently.

3 Likes

Ok here are some comments for the new layout on iOS.

• I’m a joint account user but every time I start the app from cold it reverts to my personal account.

• No progress bars on pots.

• iOS 13 with dark mode is just a few weeks away. Wouldn’t it be a good idea to make the nav use a dark theme in preparation?

• Overview page - “learn about overdrafts”, “loans and overdrafts”, “next steps”. Please, please remove these links/adverts. I’m never going to click them, they are annoying and they take up space. Also why are there two options to tell you about overdrafts anyway?

• Payments page - “invite friends and we’ll give them £5”. As above annoying and don’t want to see it unless I’m actually paying friend ( not all the time).

Thanks

Re: the items at the bottom of the account overview, don’t really see the bother, they’re at the bottom of a scrolled page, they’re not actually using up any space (there’s also 0 chance a bank would remove reference to it’s lending products because ‘theyre annoying’, but I understand not wanting them there, just don’t think you’re gunna find much luck here). I only have one overdraft message so presume the other one is turn-off-able by turning off lending promotions in the app. Also guess the payments page promotion will be going soon since the promotion is ending :+1:

1 Like

Hi Monzo,

Thanks for your work trying to push the app forward :+1: I have a few items of feedback re the new layout/design.

1. Please add the tab bar labels at the bottom of the screen back on iOS. Tab bar buttons with just and icons take noticeably more effort to decipher than just reading the label that used to exist under the icon. Honestly their removal just seems strange. Nothing is saved by removing them, it only serves to make the UI harder to understand.

2. Additionally, why drop to 3 tab bar buttons? Some functionality that was available via the tab bar (where most/all top level navigation used to happen in the old app) has now been buried behind buttons (usually with no labels…!) located within the top level screens.

3. Scrolling through the pots / accounts is noticeably unsmooth, with a fair few dropped frames. I realise my phone is not the latest (iPhone 6S) but don’t feel like this should be a particularly taxing piece of UI to draw :smile:

Maybe I’m wrong about the second point, but the first drives me nuts every time I use the app.

Looking forward to further improvements and fixes :+1:

1 Like