We're working on a new look for the Monzo app

Hi there. Love the new look! My only thought would be is that it’s easy to get lost in pots when navigating. Could we make it so that if you press the home icon when you already have that tab open it auto goes to the main account (personal or joint) that you have open at that time? Thanks.

There’s been lots of posts about this, not that far up the thread. The feature you ask for is coming to iOS :soon: and is already on Android.

Ah thank you! Good news. Yes I see that now sorry to have missed that.

2 Likes

It’s a shame for the graph , it was really useful to me as I get paid weekly and I used it to ensure my spending was under control. I appreciate it may be useless for most users on the home screen, but it would be nice at least to be able to access it somewhere in the app.

Other than this I really like the new user interface

1 Like

Love the new look, but the one thing that really frustrates me is that I like the transactions window being in the state where they take up about 75% of the screen, which is the default position, with the Monzo card peeking out. But once I’ve pulled it down or up, it’s so hard to get it to sit nicely back at 75% again, is this just me?? A very small issue but one that irks me :frowning: (iPhone X)

1 Like

@bruno Something that came up in another thread - I’d love to be able to see a spending breakdown by merchants, in addition to the category breakdown. I know we can tap through individual merchants, but it’s not very elegant. Is that outside the scope of the new nav?

2 Likes

I suspect this would be ‘new summary’ rather than ‘new nav’ and I’d like to see such an analytical breakdown tool too regardless of where placed in the app.

New nav is apparently ‘rearranging the current features’ (from what @bruno has said before) so I suspect that new ones are out of scope.

1 Like

You’re probably right, but thought I’d mention on the off-chance.

Overall, I’m really liking the new nav, and it’s great to see how it’s been refined through iteration. A definite improvement on the old look of the app, and a great platform to build on for the future.

However, two things that were extremely useful from pulse seem to still be completely missing:

Are these being considered at all? It’s pretty unwieldy trying to get back to past transactions now (some of us have years of them!).

Back when the new look kicked off, @JordanFish shared a design file that would address one of the above issues, as well as @Hatticus’s request for merchant breakdown:

6 Likes

If you want to see this, it’s worth voting on (and reviving?) the thread about this in Feedback & Ideas

3 Likes

I think this has been put on hold for now and will be thought about as part of the summary rework from what Bruno has said.

Interesting, as I wouldn’t have thought that navigating the transaction feed or an indicator for the account you’re viewing would relate to summary, but as long as it hasn’t been forgotten. Would still be interested to hear if there has been any further development or thinking about these aspects of the navigation. :grin:

I rarely give feedback on things like this, but this time I had to because of simply how abysmal this update is.

The UI is now overcrowded and it’s a pain to navigate. Multiple options seem to have been rammed onto a single page just for the sake of arbitrarily removing pages.

The default view graph has been removed and been replaced with the card features (which are rarely used anyway).

Pretty miffed I updated now since I can’t get the old layout back.

2 Likes

This will come at some point, just not now. By the way we had this functionality in the prepaid app :slight_smile:

8 Likes

This is slightly delayed, hopefully tomorrow…

2 Likes

What are expected on tomorrow’s iOS test flight version . Just curious @bruno

Interactive Home button for iOS would be cool

2 Likes

On Android quite often both the name of the account and the sort code and account gets stuck on. Seems to happen most when first opening the app after logging in.

Other times the account name slides away as normal.

@bruno please don’t forget to add the pot progress bars back in that are currently missing in iOS. Thanks.

4 Likes