We're rethinking Monzo Plus bundles (and some other updates!)

Nothing yet, other than :soon:

Waiting for ā€œsoonā€ gets boring ā€¦

2 Likes

I was never keen on the ā€˜bundlesā€™ when I was shown them a couple of weeks ago.
Over-complicated things.
Just make it one tier and thatā€™s it.

The interest going away is, I feel, more important. Get that back first on ā€˜Plusā€™, then introduce a better way of gaining the metal card, which in turn could introduce ā€˜otherā€™ discounts at certain places when shown perhaps.

At the moment i donā€™t feel ā€˜Plusā€™ is worth a price, even my Ā£3 a month. Focus on what people want first, then things like this in the future.

Wrt insurance, you should look at what Danish startup Undo are doing. Simple, precisely-targeted, by-the-day insurance without excessive legalese.

The key problem for me with all past Plus offerings is that I donā€™t feel that I am in control of getting the best offers. I think Monzo customers - especially early adopters - are quite savvy consumers and happy to shop around a little to get a good product. It would be useful to me if Monzo provided an easy way to make an informed choice between multiple providers for the same type of add-on. Prices and service levels should be clearly comparable to the rest of the market. I thought this was always the intention of the ā€˜financial services marketplaceā€™ concept, to be honest.

I donā€™t like bundling as it feels like paying for extra stuff I donā€™t want. Especially when those things are time-limited offers that are essentially just advertising for other services. Itā€™s unpleasant when your ISP forces you to add a service you donā€™t want to get another you do want. Banking is no different.

1 Like

Thereā€™s (yet) another thread for Monzo Plus.

Mods, maybe worth locking this thread now? @Rat_au_van

3 Likes

Thanks, @j06. Letā€™s continue the conversation over there!

2 Likes