We're adding two new fees, which only affect a minority of customers

Maybe they only got one account

Maybe they need cash to pay for things

2 Likes

They can change banks

2 Likes

What are people buying with +£200 of cash per 30 days?

1 Like

Then open another account.

Look into ways of paying for those items without cash. It’s 2020.

1 Like

Don’t say sensible things!

Arguing on here is much more productive!

6 Likes

Okay, name a few things then, instead of not accepting being challenged on the off the cuff remarks you’re posting with no examples or facts to bck them up.

1 Like

A person with only one account, who has a lot of money from a lawsuit and needs to withdraw lots of it every month in cash…is most definitely a minority use case.

And anyway if they have a lot of money, it’s probably not a good idea to keep it in an account that does not earn any interest. But if they can afford not to earn interest, they probably won’t care about the 3% on cash withdrawals.

6 Likes

The bigger question is why to use Monzo and limit yourself for domestic withdraw when you can use other banks without monthly limitation?

2 Likes

Shared rent
Shops that don’t have a card terminal
Take aways
Tips for delivery drivers
Bills
Taxis
Cafes

I can go on and on

If people want to use only cash that’s their choice. But these are the new charges so if it no longer makes financial sense for them to use Monzo they should look elsewhere

It’s got to be a minority it’ll impact

2 Likes

You’re correct! If any of your accounts qualify, both people attached to the joint account will "meet the criteria":+1:

14 Likes

I mean, some people really don’t use cash, like me :wave:. I’ve not used any cash in a whole year I think.

3 Likes

Yeah Monzo isn’t the right account for you.

2 Likes

Then they can just move banks if they’re not happy with the fees, it’s easy to resolve I don’t see the issue.

2 Likes

Bank transfer

Up to £200 every 30 days? I’ve not paid for a takeaway with cash in about 5 years. Also, most shops have card terminals now - due to COVID.

What bills do you pay cash?

All of them take card

These all take card, unless you’re aware of any that don’t

1 Like

Can we make sure to keep things in line with the OP please :pray:

@jackcully is making sure to answer as many points as possible but derailing the Topic will hinder these being answered.

Currently responding to a few flags already regarding ‘Off Topic’ posts.

19 Likes

If they really wanted to keep Monzo, putting their savings into a higher interest account and paying themselves with a direct debit each month would mean they then meet Monzos new criteria.

Win win.

2 Likes

Very true, and will benefit Monzo’s sustainability as a Digital Bank for longer!

1 Like

Of course they can… I think that really Monzo wants people to do… Move to other banks and stop using Monzo. Im sure they will reduce cost by forcing people to other banks to zero. :slight_smile:

What do you do then if a shop doesn’t accept card? Walk out without paying?

No! You use cash but when you’re being charged to use get that cash.

I use my card more than cash but my cash still is above 600 a month

1 Like