We’re launching the first 100 Monzo Business Accounts!

Oh, what symmetry ! :smiley:

1 Like

I haven’t got a Monzo business card yet .
But when it does go totally live it needs to be a different colour from personal card, pink for personal blue business . I have accounts with hsbc and all the cards are the same including credit cards

4 Likes

Is there any feedback from the first 100 Business Account holders that can be shared with us? Things that have been positive so far?

1 Like

Would be interesting to have a status update / blog, for sure!

2 Likes

Hey @Avionyx & @Peter_G! :wave:

I dropped an update out over email to those who’ve signed up to the waitlist last week, and I’m going to write an update over the next day or two here on the forum with a status update on a few small things we’re really excited about :smiley: (so keep your eyes peeled!). If you’ve not signed up to the waitlist or didn’t receive the email let me know and I’ll send it your way!

Here’s a very basic update, though! Our first 100 businesses are:

• Helping us figure out all the “personal” account features that should be changed to suit businesses better (these exist as we used our personal account infrastructure to start building business accounts, but we’re tweaking it from the ground up to make it into a business account)

An example of this is payment limits - before, transfer limits were set per person, as opposed to per account, so we changed that! Another example is the profile section - we’re in the process of rebuilding it to make it a lot clearer and more “business-y” - I’ll share some pictures soon!

• Weeding out the bugs, so we can squash them all quickly :bug:

• Enjoying having those Monzo fundamentals for their business too - instant notifications for payments, fast, helpful customer support and enriched transaction data are actually really useful for businesses too!

• Really want to see integrations with accountancy software like Xero & FreeAgent, or want smart accountancy features to help them out (and we’re hoping to bring this to life when we’re ready to launch to more businesses!)

• Some think that Summary doesn’t make sense at all for their business, but others really like it but want to see it updated with business categories, or categories they can customise themselves.

There’s a lot of background work we need to do to get the accounts in the hands of more people, but we’re getting there! We’ve been super overwhelmed with the amount of messages we’ve had from people who just want to get their hands on the account, which we’re super, super grateful for :heart:

As ever, we really appreciate everyone’s patience here too - we love reading everyone’s suggestions here, and we talk about them in the team every single day. We want to release something you love, so we can’t wait to show it to you soon!

(This ended up being a longer post than I thought it would :sweat_smile: I’ll be sharing a little more over the coming days over in the Business Banking section of the community :blush: )

13 Likes

Thanks Jack, I really appreciate that.

Just had a look and the update did indeed drop into my inbox 10 days ago but it got snapped up by spam. Marked it as safe so hopefully won’t miss any more but thank you for the quick rundown.

As are many others I am just so excited to get my hands on a Monzo business account. It’s transformed my relationship with personal banking and really looking forward to being able to say the same about business banking too.

Alex

2 Likes

I’d like to see a slightly discounted annual fee…or in reality I’d love to see a heavily discounted annual fee rather than paying monthly.

And I different coloured card as standard…

1 Like

I think I need to open a business account now, but I do not know wether to be a sole trader or a limited company and things maybe more difficult due to personal circumstances :joy:

So anyone that is in the 100 what are the monthly fees

I will be a sole trader as of 01/07 so looking at a business account now in readyness :wink:

It’s just £5/month at the moment :blush:

1 Like

Any chance you can advise what you get for that apart from the general Monzo features :wink:

I.e. unlimited cash withdrawls etc

It’s pretty basic at the moment.

Unlimited withdrawals? bank transfers?

any additional fees to transfer to other banks etc

It’s really very similar to the standard Monzo experience at the moment, it has pots, instant notifications, a Monzo business debit card, direct debits etc. One addition it does have is the ability to send invoices directly from the app (the person you send it to gets an email with the details to pay) and the app keeps track of the invoice status.

Other than the monthly fee, there aren’t any other fees (except the ones you know about already with your personal Monzo account, like withdrawing cash at foreign ATM’s)

1 Like

Currently trying to open a starling business account in the meantime, until they launch it fully, as cant see it being open to everyone in next 15 days :wink:

But having issue with opening the account as I am stuck in a current account loop :joy::joy::joy:

That’s odd, I had my Starling Business account in about a minute! Have you contacted support?

1 Like

Yes, took them 30mins from start to finish :joy:

2 comments before then they showed me the screen I advised them of in my 1st message, they are now going to scramble my number so will try again tomorrow

The good news is Monzo are working on getting the Current Account Switching Service ready for business accounts, so you’ll be able to move it over to Monzo when they launch :tada:

6 Likes

Don’t get used to that free business banking with Starling @Juggy69!

2 Likes

We shall see gonna try it again today if same issues going to try These