Viola Black Discussion

mvimg_20181228_192312_2

Now on buses too!

Bizarre.

I’m fairly sure if you’re going to use another company name on your advert, then your own company name should be bigger and more prominent?

37 Likes

anyone else think they should remove the comma so it reads Move over Monzo. Rather than Move over pause Monzo. Sounds more like a question to me of moving over to Monzo :rofl:

3 Likes

In fairness it’s working because we are all talking about them

Granted it’s about how bad their prices are and how you can’t even download it yet but still, it’s something

4 Likes

Hopefully the Monzo team will be busy tracking the (positive?) impact of these ads.

I mean, if I’d heard of neither I’d probably be googling the hell out of Monzo, just to find out about this big, dominant incumbent that’s being challenged here… (I’d then open an account, join the forum and post rubbish until someone gave me a hot coral 4 badge, obvs).

9 Likes

A third year marketing student is making all this up for their dissertation about effective marketing strategies

6 Likes

When do they film the Apprentice?

8 Likes

It’s a real parent company with a snazzy website

https://viola.group

1 Like

"Your task this week is to create a corporate image for an imaginary financial services conglomerate and to fool people on the internet.

“While you do that, I’ll be off thinking of lots of things that it’s really best not to tweet”.

6 Likes

Wow those fees are daylight robbery! :open_mouth:
Find it funny that they have to mention Monzo in their adds I think this will backfire because people will also think oh what’s Monzo (for people who don’t know about you) which I think is few and far between… but will be entriguied to find out why they are targeting at Monzo😜

3 Likes

It’s hilarious that people think during a marketing degree you actually do practical work. You don’t do anthing as glamorous as this. One practical in 3 years was designing a campaign for a local jewellery store.

Source: Got one of those degree things in Marketing, Advertising and PR.

1 Like

Christ…I’d hope that there aren’t many idiotic enough to sign up for any of that nonsense.

1 Like

That was my dodgy attempt at doing an Alan Sugar impression. Hugely successful, obviously! :wink:

3 Likes

Prob want to include the FSCS branding on the new pay anyone landing page where there is the option to sign up to Monzo

17 Likes

Sleep well Monzo. It looks like a joke more than a card or a fintech company LOL :joy::joy: viola1 viola2

5 Likes

It would be pretty cool if this is from the Apprentice. It seems to correlate. Instead of it being a task, I bet it’s a contestant’s business plan. In which case I HOPE that contestant makes it to the interview stages ‘cause that will make for some excellent entertainment.

3 Likes

I hope so too, because the other side of the coin is someone who thinks charging all those fees is something people will accept.

1 Like

The owner has had the company for a few years now - not sure if that’s a good or bad indication as to the likelyhood of it being an apprentice thing or not

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/CxkL6D3R3-zQ0DFX0SOrb4Fd3cM/appointments

Does the Viola group website open for anyone anymore? I just get a block of black over any text on both desktop and mobile?

If the success of an advert is getting people to talk about them, Viola has certainly had that…

I’m still a firm believer in right talk and wrong talk.

We may be talking about it but how many are going to actually try it? There’s no hype here, we’re closer to snorts of derision!

For me it’s like CPM vs CPC advertising. This is CPM. No likelihood of sale.

1 Like