Upgrade (Migration) Updates

That criteria covers a super large portion of Monzo users so the best answer I can give is kind of vague. The earliest would’ve been last Friday, but really small numbers for testing. We’ll go as fast as safely possible, promise!

5 Likes

The migration process for me was (almost) seemless. Clicked the banner in the prepaid app, went through a few bits of reverification including re-entering my address. The app almost instantly informed me the verification had been successful. All of my data from the CA preview had been merged into my old prepaid data. Days where I used both prepaid and CA now have both transcations listed.

I now have two years of spending data in one place.

The (almost) refers to the fact I had to log out of the app and then back in again for all of the CA data to fully merged as some of it was missing at first.

2 Likes

Fixed soon :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Jordan, any news on when the ‘stumble on startup’ will be fixed?

I’ve merged my account successfully on iOS and I understand that Monzo to Monzo payments will work but Monzo.me payments won’t be implemented yet.

Out of curiosity I tried using Monzo.me to pay myself £1 from NatWest and it looked like it went through but no funds arrived in the Monzo account. What happens to those payments? I’m just worried that some friends who regularly use it might try to pay me.

I hope it goes to the monzo staff christmas party fund!

5 Likes

How many prepaid card users are there still waiting to be migrated? Can’t wait to get my CA.

Haha!! Sorry - the CA app has now crsshed multiple times and I’ve had to redownload to fix the issue so hoping to be migrated sooner rather than later!

Same :weary::sob: going to bed…

@alisufyan @crablab
Thank you both for your help.
All sorted now.:smiley:

1 Like

So will we see the iOS PP app update today then?

Just heard from support regarding Monzo.me payments and they will be getting blocked soon so payments wont accidentally go through and stuck in limbo. If anyone has had payments made after your account has been merged they will be refunded.

Sadly even if they submit it Apple usually say it takes 24 hours :disappointed_relieved:

Allegedly it was submitted last week and we should have seen it by Friday.

1 Like

With the release of the iPhone X, more than likely the approval queue is backed up Apples end :thinking:

2 Likes

Apple approves these day and night so I doubt there’s much of a backlog… Should be done within 24hrs of submission.

I’d agree, last week there was updates upon updates. Since Friday, there’s been 3 or 4.

2 Likes

Oh right :thinking: I’ve been getting loads of updates I’ve had 6 already today none of them Monzo

1 Like

iOS PP testflight still no migration banner :eyes:. Fingers crossed today.

It seems Monzo app wasn’t submitted for approval on Friday…