Trump Impeachment Enquiry

I pretty much exclusively visit Democratic cities/states when I’m in the US. And I used to live in Portland which is pretty much the most left wing city in the whole country.

But, earlier this year, I spent some time in Memphis. And it seems to me there is a huge divide between what people in most Republican areas would probably call “the liberal elites” - which actually just means your average middle class person, and them.

The narrative is that they believe these so called “liberal elites” simply don’t care about the “everyday American” and that it’s all well and good for them in their fancy cities with their technology jobs and modern infrastructure, but Trump is the only one that supports them.

The unfortunate thing is that if they took some time to look into who he really is - the entire narrative falls apart, not just because he was a lifelong Democrat himself before spotting an opportunity to rise to power, but because he’s never in his life done anything to help anyone other than himself - he was born into money and spent a great deal of his business ventures screwing over people less fortunate than himself.

They seem to take him at face value - and aren’t willing to look deeper to understand that he’s a total con man. But personally, I think the rest of the GOP are far more culpable - many of them are smart enough to know better, and see right through him. You see it in the people that challenge him for leadership before they lose and fall back into line so that they can maintain leverage and power. It’s spineless. If I was Romney, or Rubio, or any of the other Republicans that Trump belittled, mocked and savagely attacked during the leadership bids, I’d have a little more self-respect and integrity to not bow down to the guy. They know who he is, but they don’t have the guts to call it how it is.

4 Likes

So it looks like there’s been more evidence found that shows that shortly after Trumps call with Zelinsky, that aid was withheld. This further strengthens the case for removal from office.

Pelosi holding the articles is leverage despite McConnell saying it is not. Mitt Romney has been found to be a part of the resistance thanks to his secret Twitter being found, so if he can get folks together maybe we can get to a removal. He will most likely run in 24 if he succeeds in this.

Putin+Trump :+1:t2: