Trends - a big update to the Monzo experience

There’s a new category called “Transfers” to sort that out. Categorise your Amex bill as Transfers and your spending in Trends will be magically sorted!

5 Likes

I wanted to use my special credit card category though :pensive:

2 Likes

Maybe I’ve missed the update post, but you can now choose the exact day your trends month resets! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

:eyes::eyes::eyes:

7 Likes

How do you change the date?

1 Like

Have a look here (click/tap on ‘Introducing graphs on Trends’):

Once :monzo: has switched the feature on for you, you can select the date from which to start the Trends monthly reporting period - the ‘Reset date’ :+1:

1 Like

Is this being rolled out to people I think.

1 Like

Yeah slowly as I got mine the other day.

1 Like

Latest TestFlight let’s you set a custom date, finally Trends is actually useful (for me).

Thanks Monzo Engineering & product teams, have a great break!

Depending on OS you’ll need to be on the TestFlight (or what ever the android one is called) for this to happen.

Thanks, how can I join the TestFlight?

You can join the TestFlight here.

2 Likes

It would be better if the main chart was a mixture of colours depending on the category spend. The blue is too similar to the Bills category colour.

2 Likes

I think the (option) would be great for those who wanted it. Personally I like the single colour and the hover option for breakdown.

But the choice could be a good thing

So I can pick a custom date now but still no graphs - assuming this is a phased roll out too?

1 Like

Only the custom date is still broken. If I set mine for the last day of the month and then use the get paid early feature then my salary is still in the wrong month.

I thought Monzo were moving out of the basic error stage. Sad to see.

Is your salary entering your account in the previous month? Because if so, that’s right?

If you use get paid early then why not set your custom date to that?

Because you can’t.

If you select the last working day of the month, there’s no way to select “last working day but one”.

Unless I’ve missed something?

No, because the whole purpose is to set a custom month that can match your pay period.

1 Like