Travelling with Monzo ✈️

@walderston There was, I missed it! Cheers for the heads up :slightly_smiling_face:

I missed it too… :frowning:

2 posts were split to a new topic: Monzo in Indonesia 1

Mexico :slight_smile:

I’m going there soon …

Going to Iceland in just over 3 weeks! :grin:

1 Like

@NekoZombieRaw @beningreenjam I posted my own topic before I traveled to Melbourne & got some really useful tips so it’s definitely worth seeing if anyone else in the community has been.

If you do, please use the title Monzo in Mexico / Iceland :wink:

1 Like

I am off to Morocco in just over 2 weeks, I will test my card there no doubt :slight_smile:

Vietnam added - I turned up with only $50 and no VND so it was a great experience using Monzo. Even if ATM withdrawal fees can be a bit of a hit, I’m not sure how trustworthy cleaners are with baggage, unsure on costs, and going on frequent flights meant this was easier than taking a load of cash from the UK.

I am off to Nepal :mountain: in just over 2 weeks, I will report the experience e.g. withdrawal charges, ATM availability

That explains why the list was so limited! Enjoy your travels and looking forward to your update

Off to the canary islands in a few weeks, any one used it in Gran Canaria/Tenerife/Madeira?

Ditto. 03/10/16 flying to Mexico with my monzo

How do I get Indonesia added to the directory? I am here for a while…Thanx!!!

Awesome thread @Naji! I’m excited to learn some more tips from the Monzo community. I started a new topic for Taiwan :grinning: Monzo in Taiwan

Just create a post ‘Monzo in Indonesia’ with your questions / feedback & Naji will pick it up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Generally no problem using the card in the US. Apart from the ATM in the hotel lobby which is one of those mag stripe models. Nice thing was that the app told me that’s why the transaction was declined - really helpful. My Curve card was also declined but they don’t tell you the reason - so I just didn’t use it again.

@Naji @tom I think some sort of wiki would be really useful at this point - the forum has been great this past year but it’s getting to the point some information (bug/travel reports) may be out of date due to better Monzo card support at retailers.

With a wiki at least there could be a go-to set of easily readable pages for traveling with Monzo, retailers where Monzo doesn’t work, etc.

What do you think?

2 Likes

Suksema!!!..Still waiting for my card but will be here then anyway when they get their “banking license”…:slight_smile:

1 Like

Just got my Monzo card! Travelling to Switzerland next weekend. Anyone used it there yet?

Any tips on travelling to India with Mondo?