Thoughts on “Premium” Bank Accounts

True, but it’s still impacted by choice. Only you can decide if it’s worth the investment.

kinda off topic, but made this spring to mind… :see_no_evil:

https://tenor.com/bVGQD.gif

Sorry, I just inadvertently deleted my response about current accounts being profitable.

The relevant passage from Anne’s book, posted again for clarity:

5 Likes

NatWest rewards is probably the best account there is in terms of getting money back. You’re effectively paid £3 a month if you just deposit £1.25k a month and have two dds going out

1 Like

I’m considering doing this again - I would have to move my salary over to make it easier. This, alongside the £1 coop everyday extra pay me on my bills account (£800 goes in to pay bills anyway, very generous lol!) would leave me with a net profit of £1 given I have a £3 Triodos account :joy:

Is the criteria just to pay in £1250 and pay 2 direct debits? Any minimum amount on the direct debit?

I also use my RBS credit for a 99p purchase (or pay the bill down to 99p manually…) to obtain a “small balance write off” once per month lol

1 Like

£2 each dd i think

Yup that blows out one route with a £1 charity donation I have set up - no point paying out an extra quid to get back £2 :joy:

Will wait till I need to setup another direct debit organically as my other ones are used up on Coop Everyday Rewards (I know it’s not the best deal but the accounts all setup and cba to move lol)

Curious if PayPal works.

When you add account and sortcode it creates a dormant direct debit.

Top up £10 by card.

Withdraw by Bacs.

:man_shrugging:t3:

Thinking about it, not sure it’s paid out by Bacs only collected? Ignore, it’s bed time :sweat_smile:

Use Moneybox

I’d recommend Plum, or get a Currensea debit card (which funds itself by DD)

Ah yes Currensea is a good idea - I’ve never had an account that’s on their list but I believe RBS are. I’m going on holiday soon so could use it for a couple of payments out there.

I think you could send money to a partner or family member with the account/sort code as the funding type. Or just pay for something using PayPal like that

You can even use the Currensea card in the UK for a regular transaction. Doesn’t have to be outside the UK.

1 Like

Great yeah I’ve just noticed the.5pc conversion charge so prob the best route!

Is there a referral scheme if I sign up? Tried to DM but couldn’t see the option.

It says promo code when signing up so if there is a scheme may as well benefit from it!

The referral is only good if you’re going to be using it for FX transactions. Need to spend equivalent of £100 in 120 days

1 Like

Could do that I’m going away at the end of March

So it’d be 0.5% on £100 vs a bonus of £10…

£9.50 profit?

Do you fancy referring me via DM?

Have sent you a DM.

:person_facepalming:t2:

Have emailed them.

Look at them judging what my “main account” is :joy:

The other accounts I have aren’t eligible at all - Revolut, Coop, Triodos…

I suspect the worry here is that you won’t have enough money in the account for when they come to collect so they want something in regular use or decent balance. I don’t see them offering a way around it.

1 Like