The Great Permacrises

I go through phases when the smell of eggs makes me sick so yes, definitely times when one can have too many eggs!

3 Likes

I usually have scrambled eggs, but bought a new non stick frying pan yesterday, so mixed it up a bit and had a cheese and onion omelette.

2 Likes

I’ve not had scrambled for ages! Black pepper and a bit of salt :drooling_face: I’m now going to make some this weekend.

It’s also a meal that if you’re making for the family you will burn through a lot of eggs! So that 12 box wouldn’t be such a bad investment.

2 Likes

My stomach is in knots just reading about eggs :chicken:

1 Like

But is that a soft or a hard scramble?

(Asking the important questions.)

Got to be still soft and creamy, not slimy though

1 Like

It is important!

I’m really fussy with my scrambled eggs, they have to be just right. Not too hard and not too wet. :egg:

4 Likes

Same…

Generally in a fry up is fine but any other time it’s a no.

1 Like

Everyone is for some reason talking about the egg shortage. Why is no one talking about the Cocio shortage? I can’t find it anywhere, even the massive Tesco has run out :scream:

1 Like

Never heard of it! :man_shrugging::rofl:

Edit:

Curiosity gig tbe better of me, do had to Google it :joy:

Milkshake!

3 Likes

It’s expensive milkshake an all, but it tastes like how it used to be as a kid. The proper milkman stuff

4 Likes

I’m going to try these when I sign up for a milkman delivery

1 Like

If I had a milkman I would 100% get one of those every week

1 Like

Never heard of it before thats why!

Hopefully these shortages don’t follow in the way of the Ora kitchen roll. But whilst we’re on this topic, has anyone seen any kinder eggs recently?

I know they were recalled, but it’s been months! Surely it’s been fixed by now, but co op haven’t had them here in ages.

2 Likes

I’ve already got my order selected, just not gone through with it yet. Need to buy a box for the delivery to go in, stop any birds or other wildlife helping itself before I get out of bed

1 Like

@DaveJ Top tip in warmer months - cool box.
We have just stopped using ice pack in ours.
Modern milkman deliver to us - 11:30pm-2am.

2 Likes

I was looking at a custom made timber box but a coolbox sounds more practice. I’ll go check those out, pub prob get one quicker than some outdoor cabinet. Fully washable then too.

2 Likes

Had a sobering experience over the weekend. We sold a petrol generator that we had bought for a mobile food truck. I couldn’t work out why so many Ukrainian’s were after buying it until the guy turned up for it made it click.

He (and the others who were asking if it was available) wanted it so they could take it back to the Ukraine to power their house, since the grid was constantly down. I felt a bit bad thinking about energy prices after that, it’s the least of their worries.

9 Likes

There was a segment on one of the news channels recently where suppliers of industrial generators were saying that they were virtually impossible to get hold of. They were putting it down to small businesses buying them to either replace grid supplied electricity (due to cost) or in case of power cuts.

Your experience makes more sense.

1 Like

Some (slightly) good news. Although not for diesel owners.
While filling the car up with petrol yesterday, I did notice that it has dropped significantly over the last week or so.
Still much higher than it really should be, but at the moment, any price drop is welcome.