The Environment

WHAT DO WE WANT?
thicker walls and sound deadening
WHEN DO WE WANT IT?
Pardon?

2 Likes

That made me laugh more than it should

Where is the government supposed to get the money from and are there enough people trained to carry out the work? They’re all too busy training to drive lorries and Fatima is still retraining for a job in cyber

3 Likes

Clearly amateurs, any experienced protester could have told you blocking a motorway would lead to being charged under the highways act.

Yep, this looks good for the environment.

1 Like

They should have placed concrete blocks across slip roads in the dead of night :joy:

There’s going to be more and more radical environmentalism as we really get stuck in to climate disaster

1 Like

Really? :pensive:

There’s pretty much a clause which states a company can sue a government for loss of earnings, for a decision said government makes which drastically affects them.

This made me laugh, such a fool :person_facepalming:

At the start of his visit to the US, Johnson conceded that he had changed his mind on the climate crisis in recent years, because “the facts change and people change their minds”.

The facts haven’t changed one bit, it’s always been the same warnings. What he means is, every year more and more of these warnings are clear to see in person. If only people had listened all those years ago, rather than dismiss everything

2 Likes

I’ve just watched the latest Kurzgesagt video and thought it might be of interest to this in this thread.

5 Likes

Thanks for that. I personally found it to be one of the best presentations of the situation we are in and very simple to understand. I also do not now feel useless in the part I can play. R-

4 Likes

It doesn’t mention carbon pricing in the solutions bit, though. Just an industry by industry regulation / investment approach - I think most people feel that will be too slow and ineffective in itself.

There’s also a lot of extremely dubious statements and comparisons in there but I guess it would be to no one’s benefit really, but I would be interested to know who wrote and fact checked this.

I’m not sure who wrote it but I’ve always liked the kurzgesagt approach and videos.
Here’s a link to their sources for that video if it’s of any interest to you.

3 Likes

Of great interest. Thank you. R-

1 Like

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/sep/28/tell-us-what-is-your-message-to-leaders-at-the-cop-26-climate-change-conference-2021

I think this is a great initiative for voicing our concerns against climate change

1 Like

What’s the incentive? It seems like it’s just more of a data grab to me :thinking:

Can I not just send my message direct?

1 Like

You’ve kind of missed the point, it’s there to encourage people to share messages as a collective, to provoke a response.

Someone coming across it might think oh yeah that’s a good idea I’ll send a message over to them. That normal user might not of even thought about it in the 1st place.

It’s not a data grab in the slightest.

1 Like

I see :slight_smile: Too many companies jump in on this kind of stuff and use the information to market to people after so I’m always wary.

Happy Birthday btw! :cake: :partying_face:

3 Likes

Going through a big push to again reduce the amount of waste we produce in our house. I got a delivery from Good Club yesterday: https://www.goodclub.co.uk/ . It was brilliant - a delivered refill solution. I’d stopped cycling to the refill supermarket because it was a bit far with all those big jars, so this is a great solution. It was really nice to do quite a big shop and yet bring almost no non-recyclable waste into the house.

Recommended if anyone is also looking to cut down on waste.

3 Likes

We delivery to everywhere in the UK, excluding Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands & Islands and the Channel Islands. We hope to serve these areas soon and you can read more about offshore delivery here.

Bummer! This sounds very interesting, and something I’d love to try! Hopefully they’ll deliver to my area soon!

1 Like