The Environment

I just wanted to visit the lesbians!

3 Likes

Doesn’t surprise me some farmers are pissed with the NFU, it’s so far behind the times these days

2 Likes

This fits in with the rainwater planter theme

1 Like

Let’s hope the dopey government actually listen for a change :person_facepalming::sweat_smile: I’m sure the big companies will still be lobbying for it, got to try keep the excess money pile as big as possible.

Time to move on, as the article states, heat pumps, solar thermal and district heating schemes.

2 Likes

“We do not have the time or resources to waste further investigating hydrogen’s role in home heating, especially when the well-known laws of thermodynamics determine the answer," he said.

Not holding back on his scientific opinion of Reece Mogg’s imbecilic statement I see :grin:

4 Likes

Even in the village with your dog :dog: All the shops / town in general are dog friendly :paw_prints:

2 Likes
1 Like

People have been saying for years now this moss can help reduce flooding, it’s good to know the science backs up and claim though.

3 Likes

Comes as no surprise that the slimy worm would be looking for ways around scrutiny

1 Like

Saw this on the mossy earth discord the other day:

It finds your MP and generates an email template for you pre-populated with your details and the email of your MP.

Might do some good.

3 Likes

Which reminded me of this article a couple of days ago, the lengths they’ll go to, just to try discredit anything to do with the environment.

3 Likes

You’d expect to read this on some satire website :person_facepalming:

4 Likes

Nice large scale trial in France. The panels rotate to track the sun in the sky, they’ll also rotate vertically, to let the rain through and horizontally to protect crops from hail or extreme heat from the sun’s rays.

2 Likes

Very clever! Hope it goes well! Apple does some pretty neat things like this with their solar farms. There’s one in china that works similar to this and is home to herds of Yaks who eat the grass that grows there.

I love things like this, where we find a way for nature and technology to work together for the betterment of the planet. There was meant to be a similar project opening up in Ireland several years ago, but protesters shut it down.

1 Like

Fracking looks to be off the cards again :+1: in your face Reece Mog :sweat_smile:

Will be interesting to see what the new ministers come up with, for energy and for environment.

Coffey is a bit of an unknown in what she believes in, there’s a few snippets in the article below, hopefully she’ll have some common sense. Clearly had none in the 49 days she’s looked after the NHS side of things though :joy:

2 Likes

Whatever happens she’ll be limited by Sunak being PM and the Tory manifesto’s half-hearted environmental agenda. But it should be an improvement anyway, even if it’s a long way from what we need

1 Like

Such a shame that we’ve been warned for what seems like forever. Governments too interested in big oil and it’s money.

1 Like

1.5C is a pipe dream at this point.

Looking at how floods, fires and drought has failed to inspire any action, I’m thinking governments will only start to take real notice in the mid 2030s which is when a lot of shit will really hit the fan (like major cities flooding).

1 Like

I’m still not sold on electric as the future, but we’ve 13 more years to go, so other developments have time to show up

And also when it will be far, far too late to effectively do anything about it.

These have been known issues since the 1980s, but governments have found it incredibly difficult to look beyond the short term, and have too often been in thrall to big businesses and their agendas (see also, COVID and balancing the public health response against the economy).

I genuinely think everyone should be made to read “Losing Earth: the decade we could have stopped climate change” by Nathaniel Rich, maybe if they did then there would be more impetus in positions of power to work faster and harder.