The Big Monzo Plus FAQ

True… I’m looking forward to it!

I need travel insurance for a holiday later this year so I’m reluctant to buy it at the moment if the new Plus is what we all hope it’ll be cracked up to be

If the holiday is already booked, it’s advisable to buy insurance at the same time.

4 Likes

I’d echo that advice about the travel insurance. Get a cheap deal on a single trip for a few quid. If anything happens to your holiday plans before you go, you’re covered.

3 Likes

Good advice from both @Anarchist and @j06 - should anything happen to the carriers/travel companies :flight_arrival: prior to the holiday, you need to be covered.

Over eight weeks since the last ‘update’ (it was a post from @tomdavies saying Merry Christmas).

Nothing you can share in over eight weeks? Remember when Monzo admitted communication around Plus was poor? Then there were total non-updates about how cards are made or something, for the sake of having an update. Any chance of middle ground between the two? :grinning:

8 Likes

This. This is what we need.

3 Likes

Thanks @Anarchist @j06 & @davidwalton - the holiday itself is ATOL protected plus I paid for it on my credit card to get some form of Section 75 protection in the event things go wrong before I go, but considering how much a single travel insurance policy costs I may as well purchase one now to be on the safe side.

Thanks again :blush:

1 Like

You’re welcome.

Just to be clear, in addition to those protections (which not every traveler will have) travel insurance should protect you from events such as family member’s illness or accident, or your illness or accident, which might prevent you from travelling.

5 Likes

Good point, I completely forgot about things like that! Cheers for your help :grin:

2 Likes

Patiently waiting … :pleading_face:

2 Likes

I can’t imagine the Monzo Plus team will have forgotten about us. If there’s no news ready for public release, there’s no news.

Stay strong, Monzo. Don’t start publishing nonsense updates about whether it should be called “Plus” or “plus” just to fill the airtime.

4 Likes

Or +.

Coming :soon:.

1 Like

Blomfield said Monzo planned to relaunch the paid-for accounts in the first quarter of this year, implementing lessons learned from complaints following its botched attempt in 2019.

Source

1 Like

Yes, they’ve said by April before so that’s not new info

I missed that :cry:

April seems so far… :frowning:

6 weeks ish

Not long to wait

Yes only 6 weeks indeed, not too far.
The only worry with the current lack of silence is if they get this wrong again, they would not have had community feedback about the plans and thus had chance to adjust their plans.

1 Like

Going by the last two versions (and so far this one) - community feedback may have been heard but it has largely been ignored and superseded by their own research*.

*I’m now getting flashbacks to changing a huge part of Plus based on 5 people they surveyed :sweat_smile: :grimacing:

4 Likes

Yeah indeed, just lets hope they get this right and is much more the product(s) us Monzo users are looking forward to.
Only time will tell…

I’d forgotten about that. Hilarious.

6 Likes