Termination of appointment of Tom Blomfield as a Director

Completely agree with Dan here.

Apple, for instance, is one of the largest most respected companies in the world. They also have a community driven forum, void of active spokespeople. That doesn’t distill confidence or increase speculation.

Speculation will always exist no matter how much representatives of a company engage in the discussion. The prospect of Apple converging macOS and iPadOS into a singular platform with touch screen macs is again a prime example of that. People keep speculating it’s happening. Craig Federighi engages and affirms it’s not. People still speculate that it is.

You couldn’t be more wrong.

1 Like

I think that we all know that this was imposed, and the most likely reason was the down round. I see you’ve removed your “Related to [Tom]” flair though! :wink:

I think there’s some confusion between the meanings of the words ”know” and “guess” there. :wink:

3 Likes

Of course, but that distinction never seems to matter when it comes to discussing not so good news surrounding Monzo’s competitors, and people lap it up, so why should it matter here?

As ever, most input tends to stem from subjectivity, and that’s all their statement of knowledge is. An opinion. Picking at their choice of verb used to express that is pedantic in my opinion.

Good, that was possibly the saddest thing I’ve ever seen.

2 Likes

lol we all have our sad days @Revels , I am quite proud to be related to Tom, but it wasn’t a look at me Im related to so and so, it was more of a statement so everybody knew I had a connection to the CEO when giving an opinion on something related to Monzo .

Concerning Toms resignation, I dont have any evidence that it was imposed by the board, I have spoken to Tom and others and I dont believe that to be the case, but why let that stop speculation on the forum of why Tom was “ousted” by … .

I removed my related to the CEO , because he is not the CEO any longer , thats the only reason I removed it, Im not related to TS Anil, so “related to CEO” is no longer true , I am related to a few people not involved in Monzo , but it has no relevance here , and I initially put related to the CEO because Anne Boden kept on saying …well he is related to TB so … his opinion is biased etc etc as most older forum members will recall …however I do admit my opinion is probably biased :slight_smile:

13 Likes

How hard have you looked? You might be 17th cousins 37 times removed

5 Likes

I am completely out of the loop on this. Would love to know more though, I’m intrigued.

1 Like

Isn’t everybody TS’s 17th cousin, 37 time removed?

(I call him TS because we’re obviously family).

2 Likes

I’m related to me mum, who’d have thought it… Sorry I’ll get back on topic now.

Looking forward to see if new CEO can just get on with it without Tom sticking his nose in, is he going to do a trump and just play golf or something with all his spare time

2 Likes

:face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

I thought everyones salaries are publicly avaIlable now.

Regards
Beryl Jones

37 generations younger? Extraordinarily unlikely they should both be living at the same time, I’d have thought, even with the variation in parent ages compounding across to 17th cousin.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Removed Posts - July 20

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.