Tandem Bank chat

The only tiny catch is that the 0.5% cashback is paid on transaction multiples of £2. This means that a £1.99 purchase earns nothing and a £7.99 purchase only earns 3p (0.5% of £6).

2 Likes

I don’t make many small transactions on it and losing a penny on each transaction isn’t going to break the bank!

If Tandem ever drag themselves out of the steam age I will happily switch back

1 Like

Lucky I don’t need to change something isn’t it

IMG_2627%202

Oh wait I do need to change something :roll_eyes:

1 Like

They have longer opening hours on the phone? Isn’t chat cheaper to run? What’s going on?!

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking, surely it’s cheaper to have chat then phone…

2 Likes

I closed it. Took a couple tries but it was easy. Just make sure they actually close it your first try.

The product is really pretty bad, to be honest…

2 Likes

Ok so I wanted to change my direct debit date, I get a reply 1hr 30 mins later saying that due to the nature of my request I had to phone them up!!

Why even have they chat option there if I have to call them all the time.

5 Likes

I think the chat is only there so they can tell you to call them

7 Likes

Ha, finally got my £10 Amazon voucher… took a fair bit of chasing up :joy:

Has anyone else received an email from Tandem about them launching a new credit card called the ‘The Tandem Journey Card’ ?

1 Like

I’ve just noticed that fact that the app does not have the ability to show badges??

IMG_9AF30F25892E-1

How stupid is that…

Nope, though I did only join tandem in the last few weeks. Can you share any more details from the email?

1 Like

So no new features, but targeted towards those looking to improve their credit score? That’s a bit underwhelming :confused:

The only difference I can see it that minimum income is lower at £6,000 and you don’t get cashback rewards. https://www.tandem.co.uk/journey-card

1 Like

24.9% APR. Far from the worst for a credit builder low income card

Edit: actually it’s 24.9% - 39.9% :joy: Worse than Vanquis if they give you the highest one

I’ve never looked at the minimum income on any of my cards - but, should you really be given a credit card if you only earn £6,000 a year?

If you can meet the repayments, then yes? :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Seems dodgy though. If that’s your only income - it’s only £500 a month, £125 a week. That’s not much more than being on benefits. Plus they’d have a massive interest rate - I wonder what credit limit someone on such a low income would be given.

I guess it depends why people want to use credit cards?

For some, it may solely be to have added protection on larger purchases (that they could afford anyway, but would put on credit card).

Even with a low income, there’s no reason those people should stopped from having the same credit protection as a millionaire.

For those who want to max out multiple credit cards with a low income, I’d agree that it’s probably not right.

6 Likes