Support chat disappeared from app

I don’t think so. I would argue it’s those who infrequently need to contact Monzo that most need the chat option to be prominent and immediately available. It’s these people who are most likely to only contact when it’s important and may not be in a steady, calm mindset when doing so, which reduces the chance they will use the right phrases in the search to get the option for chat.

4 Likes

This is more than a handful of users wanting to use the chat all the time, we don’t care about that. It’s everyone needing to use the chat sometimes.

If monzo change the way that’s done with no explanation (directly to each user), no context, and actively make it harder to contact them, and can’t see why that’s an issue then that’s dangerous

6 Likes

Yeah I get that to a certain extent.

What I’m now seeing is a user posting a question about something and people on here saying things like “try contacting Monzo, good luck”. Just to have another dig. There is no need.

It teaches them nothing, just like telling them to search for “help” in the articles. All you’re doing is circumventing the system Monzo have put in place to ease the strain instead of teaching them self-help.

If this continues, what’s next? Chat that isn’t live? Leave a message and we will get back to you in 24hrs?

All of us regulars on here should know better. It’s fine to state your disapproval but some repetitive and rude comments on here and in other topics are taking it too far. As a result, this topic probably now serves as another example of why staff are reluctant to come on here and share information.

10 Likes

I completely agree on this point. No one here should be holding back from helping a fellow customer in order to prove a point to Monzo.

I disagree with this. If Monzo’s self help was adequate, customers would use it, and customers wouldn’t have to resort to coming here for advise. If we are having to teach people how to use the self help tools, then Monzo have failed in making suitable self help services, and we are basically doing part of their job for them.

2 Likes

Sorry you set me off on a rant and it was actually nothing much to do with your comment that I replied to :sweat_smile:

1 Like

There are plenty of examples of new users coming to the forum to ask for help, which generally, we know the articles won’t help with and they need to speak to a person - so I don’t think telling them to circumvent the hidden chat tool is a bad thing. (I agree about the ‘good luck’ snark though).

Case in point, the user who’s ex was harrassing them through sending payments - no article would solve that.

4 Likes

It feels like after plus being delayed, starling releasing what they have and no this - that Monzo needs to release some good news, we need to look forward and innovate(and be seen to be doing so)

And Monzo staff were on that fairly quickly, and as far as we know resolved the issue

1 Like

They were and bravo to the staff that dealt it with it on here, however, that customer should not of had to come to the forum in the first place. They had to come here because their chat option was gone from their app.

It’s a perfect example on why hiding it is a bad move.

7 Likes

No worries, they are valid points that are worth being raised and discussed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No. They came here as they didn’t know if it was possible to block payments themselves. At that stage they hadn’t tried to contact COps or mentioned they had looked in the app

They then had a problem getting chat to work but that’s not why they came to the forum

3 Likes

And just to add to that - the messages in that thread, including from Monzo staff, include “contact us through chat” - so not all Monzo staff who interface with their users knew about the A/B testing and potential impact on the workflow

And yes it got solved, and seemingly quickly, but that user had to come onto a user forum to get an issue solved which shouldn’t be needed.

7 Likes

I know myself having worked in a large software team, that’s it’s borderline impossible for everyone to know about all the things going on in an app. Even if they knew about A/B test they may not have understood it fully or actually appreciated it from a naive user POV ( it’s obvious to you when your creating it and using it for days and weeks)

The staff member clearly was well intended, perhaps on here out of work hours, and persisted to make sure they could communicate and resolve issue - not ideal that it didn’t just work but better than computer says no

5 Likes

You’re being a pedantic here. A safe assumption from the thread is that English wasn’t the OP’s first language. In a reply to their thread they were to go to help and use live chat, they replied with:

You can take that how you want, personally, wrong or not, i’d take that to mean they didn’t have a chat option. Given the circumstances it’s a pretty safe assumption

2 Likes

Yes, as I said they couldn’t use chat at that stage

More than likely because it was hidden… that’s the point.

The chances are that if the chat was there they would never of had to come to the forum, how do you think they found the forum? I highly doubt it was by accident, It’s now easier to find the forum in the help section then the chat is.

5 Likes

That’s a huge leap but ok

1 Like

Either it was hidden which is bad, or it wasn’t hidden but they couldn’t find it which is just as bad

1 Like

Oh absolutely, not a dig made to the staff at all - big love to Dan I think it was who helped get it resolved.

But more to the point is that the ‘knowledge’ of the trial hasn’t filtered through the people it would affect. (And I get it, also comes at a much more challenging time with Covid) - but I think it just highlights the challenge around playing with features that users rely on.

2 Likes

I think you’re all focusing on a specific example too much when realistically this could be anyone with any issue - it doesn’t matter whether they had the button or not, monzo’s self help failed to help them appropriately and obscuring the chat with us button isn’t helping either

[edit: clarification of chat with us button]

5 Likes