Starling Feedback

Twiiter gave me 280 :astonished:

3 Likes

Get them on a conference call :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Peter, it’s a nightmare. The customer service is reminiscent of Lloyd’s Bank circa 1989 (not at all good).

At the moment they’ve said they have to refer my query to the engineers …after first refusing to deal with me. They refuse to give any timescale at all.

And despite my wife using my referral code they are refusing to confirm that she is eligible for the offer despite following their conditions.

Each time I speak to Starling customer service, it feels like they’re looking for reasons not to address the issue (“It’s your wife’s account, she must contact us.”, …and then to my wife, “we can’t tell you, we can only tell the person that referred you”)

I even had someone telling me their in-App chat is not chat but a means of sending messages. WTF? How did we even get there?

Seriously, it’s really as though they don’t want to help customers at all.

3 Likes

This sounds like the worst customer experience ever. How can this be he case at a challenger bank?!

No problems like this with my legacy bank (FD), it’s times like these that you think you should stay put!!!

I don’t think it is really a challenger Bank, is it?

It’s a legacy bank, headed by a legacy banking professional, that has no branches and runs from an app.

Nothing is really being challenged here. It’s a plain old banking experience without branches or phone lines. There is no apparent vision, they’re not disrupting the market and they appear to have relatively few customers.

9 Likes

If it ain’t Starling, it’s the colour of the card!:clown_face:

But… They have FitBit Pay! :rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

3 Likes

Imagine the rush to sign up based on Fitbit Pay alone! They must have been fighting people off with a stick.

To break down just what wide usage Fitbit Pay has, you have to own a Fitbit Ionic (their latest flagship watch) and not have your phone with you (otherwise I guess you’d use Apple, Android or Samsung Pay). Oh, and also bank with Starling only.

The percentage of people who fit this criteria must be lower than that receiving their stupid Black Friday cashback deal from Starling!!!

3 Likes

Push notifications now in place. One of several comms-related enhancements. Nice move.

2 Likes

Yep this is much better a proper notification for everyone who has app installed on their phone no need to go into the app to find out now :+1:

Screenshot_20171111-101548_01

2 Likes

Starling also updated when things came back to normal

Screenshot_20171112-103721_01

3 Likes

Yep. A most welcome update.:grinning:

3 Likes

This is, indeed, a positive enhancement of the Starling app.

3 Likes

Yep couldn’t agree more great with notifications on issues.

I am pleasantly surprised by the live chat on their website. I have issues logging into their community forum so I thought I would try live chat and the person on the other end actually knows stuff about the forum and has admin access to it (I expected a dumb sales drone with no access whatsoever like many other live-chats). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

do they do a credit check on new applicants?

soft check on new applicants but hard check if you apply for overdraft

1 Like

I accidentally dismissed first notification and had no way to check again (or at least that I could see). There was no banner inside the app or anything. I didn’t search too hard, because I didn’t care anyway, but notifications alone are too easy to dismiss in my opinion.

4 Likes

Pleased to say that’s acknowledged and the team is putting some finishing touches to the notification process. The Monzo in-app banner is good.

1 Like