Starling Discussion & Feedback

It’s not quite the same. I think MSE are a fairly big player in the financial journalism space

8 Likes

That article is a bit confused - I hope their submission to the regulator is a bit clearer.

The way I read was that (in most cases) Starling are soft checking applicants and denying then the right to open an account. That’s completely in their right and is standard practice.

If, though, they’re rejecting loans for existing customers (especially on the basis of a credit check) that seems a bit murkier. Although I’m not up on the details of the loan scheme so can’t be sure what is / isn’t allowed.

2 Likes

Just received one of their debit cards linked to a space, handy idea as I don’t get much cash out these days and occasionally ask trusted family members to pick up a few bits when I can’t get to the shops. I wish you could personalise the space image though as it isn’t in keeping with the images on my other spaces.

3 Likes

Give them time, it was rushed out at the start of lockdown…

1 Like

I’m just looking at opening that linked card now for supermarket shopping, I like the idea of been able to just load it up and whatever I spend on store comes straight from that space. I’ll still need a pot on Monzo for the online part of my supermarket shopping though.

3 Likes

I got my mother to apply for a Starling account so her neighbours can do the shopping for her using the connected card.

Works a treat.

10 Likes

Thank you for sharing this. Looks very useful and hope to see this in Monzo soon. It would be such a useful addition to Monzo (one that everyone has been asking for some time now)

Here’s hoping :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

New offerings

4 Likes

Starling is definitely on point this past year. Quietly just getting better and better.

19 Likes

Getting new features on a regular basis… miss those days

11 Likes

Be interested to know what that press release actually means. Assuming you can just subscribe to Slack through a link in the app? Not sure a link to sign up for something counts as an ‘integration’ in the proper sense of the word.

2 Likes

Looks like slack notifications on payments, not a sign up thing really. Essentially just IFTTT but locked to slack only.

3 Likes

Here’s more on Starlings Slack integration.

1 Like

Yes, looks to distribute Starling’s instant notifications to anyone in the company via Slack, and provide a deep link back to the app.

It’s pretty innovative.

4 Likes

Revolut have had slack notifications for business accounts for ages. It’s very handy

2 Likes

Honestly what on earth is Monzo Bank doing to improve its offerings. Every week Starling Bank are improving their offerings and with Monzo you get a big fat NOTHING

And I might add even Revolut are doing STUFF. Monzo screwed your a year ago and since they have done jack s**t

Calm down

Ah, I wasn’t aware.

2 Likes

Let’s keep this thread talking about Starling please. If we get back into a cycle of the comparison nonsense that used to get stirred up all the time the thread will only get closed down like all the others
Thanks.

1 Like

I keep looking at starling… even started and cancelled a CASS. However I keep coming across one blocker… no left to spend. Seems such a simple feature to be missing.