Starling Bank Discussion: Part 2

32 posts were merged into an existing topic: How does OpenBanking actually benefit me?

(Maybe there needs to be a separate discussion topic though in here on ‘How does OpenBanking actually benefit me?’)

Your wish is my command

How does OpenBanking actually benefit me? - General Chat - Monzo Community

2 Likes

Maybe I’m too suspicious, but the way places like clearscore are trying to push me to link my bank accounts makes me think they benefit by getting all my data more than I would.

8 Likes

Nope :slight_smile: That’s the raison d’être of apps like ClearScore and Credit Karma.

1 Like

Indeed. As they say: If you’re not paying for a product, you are the product.

Any chance a mod can move the general Open Banking chat, not related specifically to Starling and Anne’s remarks, to the other thread please?

@Peter_G
@danbeddows
@Feathers
@SouthseaOne

3 Likes

That’s one for @AlanDoe I’m afraid.

(The Coral Crew is just a legacy honorific now, I think. We have been asked not to move posts, close topics etc).

4 Likes

Are you sure there’s no leeway on this yet?

Could have sworn the sphere thread was closed by @danbeddows!

Also tagging @Dan5! I think he can do this stuff and is usually a bit faster than Alan! On your marks! Get set…

There is the very slightest leeway for the most extreme cases, but it would have to be something very very bad and only while we can contact Alan

Otherwise, yes, we are totally sworn off acting

2 Likes

What’s… like what do you get to do then? :thinking:

Ponder about the times they could press a button to shut up the people they didn’t like :rofl::sob::joy: I’m jesting, honest :yum:

I fear this is a second conversation that we need to move elsewhere!

But no special powers. (Technically we still have then but are asked not to use them, so we’re just forum members like everyone else).

I never found that button. /goes to look for it

3 Likes

Starling merchant information seams to be getting worse of lately

1 Like

Who is Mm Recur?

1 Like

Should be milk & more

I read it as “Mmmmm… Recur…”

4 Likes

Just moving some stuff along to the Open Banking Topic as suggested as a Hogmanay treat.

On Annual Leave hence the lack of posts but will be back on the clock soon :pray:

8 Likes

Finding the same recently, even stuff like some stores it’s fine in one location but not another, Asda for example.

1 Like

I’ve connected support who says they have passed it onto the merchant team but nothing seams to be sorted