Starling Bank Discussion: Part 2

It looks to be the ridiculous “every colour on the spectrum” according to the screenshot above. I’m on iOS and have just updated but I’m not seeing any Pride icon options.

Go to your profile and it should be beneath “Notifications & Messaging”

1 Like

I have the option to change my icon; it’s just that the pride versions aren’t there.

I’ll not worry too much about their absence, as I don’t particularly like the versions they’ve gone for so I probably wouldn’t use them anyway!

3 Likes

Oh that’s odd. I wonder why it’s not available for you?

I actually prefer that one.

6 Likes

It does seem strange. It is appearing on my iPad, just not the iPhone.

Just done Android app update {2.2.2.51863) and noticed 2 new Pride logos :star_struck::rainbow_flag:

Basic Pride flag is not on my list anymore :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

My nice regular Pride logo has now been replaced by Pride Stripes. *sigh*

2 Likes

Since flashing xiaomi.eu ROM I haven’t been able to sign into starling just getting the verification.

I hope I don’t have to call them sorta defeats the purpose of an internet bank.

I tried to change my icon from the Pride Stripes back to the normal purple one and I can’t!? It says it’s done it, but the icon remains Pride Stripes regardless. Bug?

Anyone else can’t change it at all?

Try to restart your phone or soft reset… Had same issue with Christmas Icon… helped

1 Like

Think that one is an iOS bug in the latest version. Restart your iPhone.

I’ve just swapped to the mostly white icon, I much prefer it.

1 Like

I have a Google Pixel. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Oops.

Seems like a cross platform bug then. Coincidence.

1 Like

When I changed my icon, the one on home screen needed removing & then replaced with the new one from app draw.
=android=

Yeah, I’ve now got TWO Starling Bank icons on my app drawer now, I’ve noticed. One that updates and one that doesn’t. And if I put the one that does update on my home screen and update the icon, it then swaps to Pride Stripes regardless of my choice.

Starling have been less than helpful via the in-app “help”, I’m sorry to say.

I’ve the same issues with this and the Pocket Casts app, solved by having Samsung launcher (or whatever it’s called) hide the incorrect one.

Logging into your account on a new phone is a pain :tired_face:

I didn’t know you had to take a video saying a phase and wait for it to be approved. This is in addition to giving them your PIN and passcode.

Hopefully it doesn’t take too long :pray:

Wow, that’s a bit complicated :open_mouth:

Good luck :relaxed:

1 Like

Yep, discovered this a couple of months back when I changed my phone!

Thankfully all was sorted within ~2 hours.

2 Likes