Starling Bank Discussion: Part 2

Ah, seems to be fixed now (at least for me)

1 Like

Four people panicking on Twitter doth not an outage make.

5 Likes

Now if Starling would allow me to spend from a pot by swapping the card to that pot instead of transferring the money out, that would be a big win for me……

3 Likes

Sounds like Chase, that suggstion :thinking:

1 Like

True but Chase is so slow and clunky. It takes forever to transfer money from one account to another and the notification system needs a serious overhaul. For a big bank like this, they really need to get their act together. Starling is a lot younger but is far more polished so this kind of feature would be a welcome addition.

3 Likes

I agree that it’s clunky when transferring money between accounts, but simply changing which account the card is attached to is a simple and quick process, which was the feature requested.

Starling is the sleeker of the two atm imo though, I agree.

2 Likes

Exactly. I have suggested this to them and they said they’d look into it. The reason I ask for this is that I have a pot for a monthly fuel allowance and it would be nice to be able to spend from that pot instead of spending and transferring all the time. Just keeps things neater. I agree that Chase kinda already has this by swapping the card but with the issues they seem to have lately, I just don’t know if I can trust them fully hence why Starling is my main right now. They both have their own advantages, granted, and if Chase can come up to Starlings level, imo, they might just become a real contender here in the UK.

2 Likes

There is a list of PSC conditions somewhere on companies house but it’s generally someone who owns 25% or more of shares, has 25% or more of the voting rights (eg preferential shares) or can appoint/remove a majority of a companies board of directors.

1 Like

New Card UI

4 Likes

Isn’t that what you can do with one of their Connected Card spaces? Setup a Connected Card space for ‘Petrol’ and get a separate contactless card just for spending in person (ie - in shops). Although I thought when it was announced the Chase option of being able to swap you card on the fly to different accounts sounded really good. But in reality I’ve never used it because of the hassle of having to log into the app and switch your card over before you use it.

I’d rather have an option where you can get a different card setup for each different pot/space/account - like both Starling and Monzo do with either virtual cards for Apple Pay/Google Pay or a basic physical card.

Just seen this on Reddit.

Can’t help but think new cards inbound IE credit card or credit space, such as with connected card, then ability to swipe between the two :man_shrugging:

Connected card is basic. Can’t add to digital wallets or use online, wouldn’t be surprised if didn’t work at pay at pump either.

Has to be in person stuff. No contactless.

Could’ve come in quite handy if the above was possible.

1 Like

That’s basically the whole point of the connected card, though. Its function is to give to a friend to safely spend from your account, in person. Why would they need to buy stuff online with it?

And it is contactless.

1 Like

Ah so it is contactless. My bad.

I understand the concept, just could be less restrictive, even the people using the card for its main purpose could do with more flexibility if say sorting online shopping for someone, but can’t be done in this way.

For me, allowing online use opens it up to abuse too much. As a concept, allowing a trusted person to go to the shop for you, whilst a very specific use case, was groundbreaking during the pandemic, and has lasting use even now.

If you need that kind of product, along with NatWest, it’s pretty unique. If you need someone to assist you spending on the net, they can sit with you and use your proper card.

6 Likes

Which makes me doubt that it could be used at petrol stations as well which is kinda the point of my original statement. I did have a read up on the cards and it seems to suggest physical shops only.

1 Like

Nice subtle animation there.

Still got the old UI on my app running latest version must be a phased rollout

2 Likes

I spotted this yesterday, or maybe the day before. Much better than the over sized zoomed in view.

1 Like

I’ve got a connected card sat in the drawer somewhere.

Next time I go and fill up at the petrol station, I’ll stick some cash on it and try and give it ago and see if it works. I would assume there’s no issue at all with using the card to pay at the kiosk - it’ll just be to see if Pay at Pump works?

1 Like