Sonos

I’d love to see Sonos release a new version of the Play:3. They’re lacking in the middle ground now. The One is great and so is the Five but there’s nothing in between really any more.

I don’t think I ever really considered getting a Play: 3 when it was available.

I started with a single Play:1 and when I wanted to improve on that I was always looking at either a pairing two Play:1s or getting a Play:5

Perhaps that was similar to a lot of customers leading them to cut the Play:3

1 Like

We started using Sonos back in the days when the Play:1 didn’t exist! The Play:3 had only just been released so we had that and the original Play:5 as well.

Sold the Play:5 last year when it became unsupported and bought the new One SL but still love the Play:3!

We now have 2 Play:1s, a One SL and a Play:3 which are all brilliant

1 Like

Since I got an Apple TV for my set up, which pairs super well with Sonos, I discovered I can get the TV audio through all my Sonos speakers (when played through apple tv).

I wonder if there’s a way to pair to apple TVs to have multi room streaming and audio?

It’s certainly a nice touch to be able to walk away from the telly and still hear everything in the kitchen

3 Likes

I’ve tried this too - although there seems to be a bit of a delay on the audio to Sonos when you group non-AirPlay models I find.

In theory, streaming to more than one Apple TV would be quite simple. In practice, I haven’t seen it working but it sounds like it should work if software limitations weren’t in place.

Has anyone tried the in-ceiling speakers?

I’m pretty tempted, although curious to know what a pair would be equivalent to (e.g. one’s or five’s?)

Looks like it will be a new portable speaker

2 Likes

Decent price…

2 Likes

Do you need to be in the Sonus system for it to be worthwhile?

My UE Boom battery is dead so I do need a replacement.

Any Sonos speaker can be used as a single wireless speaker. You don’t need multiple. Also this will aparently have Airplay and Bluetooth so will be able to use independently of Sonos app. Might need app for initial setup.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Roam has now been launched. Pretty much everything about it had been leaked!
Am happy with the UK price (£159). Will almost certainly be a day one purchase for me.

1 Like

If you know one of the great unwashed…

2 Likes