Sonos

I was so excited for a portable Sonos… But $400!

Not sure about much in this generation, possibly in the market for a new sonos for an Audio Pair.

Have you seen the IKEA + Sonos partnership with the Symfsonik range?

Yeah, quite pricey even for Sonos.

Haven’t seen the Ikea speakers in person yet but like the the look of them from write-ups I’ve read.

I really fancy one of the Symfonisk lamps for my bedside table. I might even have a spare Hue bulb lying around somewhere to make it doubly smart!

Have no real excuse for the other one as we have a Sonos device in just about every room of the house already!

1 Like

I was looking at getting two of the Bookshelf speakers to pair with my Beam for that Sonos 5.something.

Sadly they are way bigger than I thought they were - like close to twice the height of the Sonos Play:1 and just a tiny bit thinner.

Curious about the SL - though the only difference I can see is lacking Voice Assistant for £10 less… And the Move seems interesting for some applications… But close to £400! Yikes.

An update a few months later I am still in love. The sound quality is unmatched for that budget IMO plus the fact I can swap out between Alexa and the Google Assistant at will is nice as it allowed me to see which I preferred.

1 Like

Errrrrr

I think for a plug in a play smart speaker the sound quality at that price is great. Sure you could get an amp and bookshelf speakers with better sound but you would loose the ease of use/convenience

Agreed but that’s quite different to what was said. (Is a standard amp and passive speakers not also plug and play?)

Fair Point! :slight_smile:

Okay, I’m curious @Peter_G, why did you reopen this after 8 months of it being closed? Did u buy a Sonos? If so, which one?

2 Likes

Why was it locked in the first place :confused: Age?

No recent Sonos purchases here (although they’re great bits of kit). I was just responding to a request from the community!

2 Likes

Upcoming product launch 9 March. Rumoured launch for either smaller portable speaker or headphones.

I’m hoping for smaller portable speaker :pray:

3 Likes

Ooh this has my attention. I wonder how they’d work with the Sonos ecosystem / group play etc - and how they compare with, for example the Apple pro headphone things.

1 Like

Yeah that will be interesting to see. I get the impression it will come later in the year though with new portable speaker in March

2 Likes

I’m really enjoying the Sonos multi-room functionality - but does anyone else kinda wish it’d do video as well as audio?!

(I’d also love to be able to play audio on my phone and have that synced too, but there’s probably no money in that :frowning:)

1 Like

I’ve sent several requests to them to do a device with a screen and Alexa + Google Home integration. Would replace the Echo Show in my kitchen with a device that integrates into Sonos group playback

1 Like

That’d be amazing.

I currently have a Beam + TV in the kitchen and a Sonos + TV in the living room. I’d love to be able to move seamlessly from room to room and keep the video as well as audio going.

Perhaps Sonos could make a premium Chromecast type thing?

(I’m getting a bit carried away but I like the idea. More basically, though, I’d kinda like Chromecast support. And HDMI/e-ARC pass-through. The latter is kinda inexcusable on a premium service).

1 Like