Sneak Peek : Pick a card, any card! (Monzo Plus)

I love it for the same reasons you hate it.

2 Likes

That’s Monzo Plus with a customs union, right?

1 Like

You get a free picture from IKEA every 6 months.

1 Like

I want my card to be made from Play Doh and have the word INVESTOR on it, then and only then will I pay for Monzo Plus.

I will take a free yr sub with Black Card though init

2 Likes

Not AFAIK (edit - I was wrong - Lagoon Blue is also UV)

No, sorry. Although we’re keeping all options open for the future :grinning:

If you sign up for Monzo Plus and get a different colour card for your main account, then that would solve the problem :stuck_out_tongue:

Non-facetious answer: That’s not something we’ve scoped out yet. Remember this is our very first offering of different colour cards so let’s see how it goes. Right now the color option is a selling feature of Monzo Plus, so it wouldn’t make sense for an optional different colour for JA’s, or at least not for free.

Trial will be extending soon :grinning:

Sure, the trial for Monzo Plus will be extended and then ultimately be open to everyone in the future. We won’t be offering colour choices for anyone not subscribed to Monzo Plus though.

The purpose of this trial is to gather feedback from a wide variety of people, not just one subset of customers (who by nature are already more highly engaged). I understand what you’re saying, but for the purposes of an MVP it wouldn’t give us the data we need.

17 Likes

Literally never had any comments remotely resembling those since my time as a pre-paid Monzo card user. :thinking:

9 Likes

Same! The comments I get are positive :smiley:

5 Likes

I love my coral card but unfortunately after a few short months the text in my name is quite faded. Not a problem, I’m just a bit surprised. I’m amazed how often it gets commented on in shops etc. It’s definitely very eye catching indeed!!

5 Likes

Seconded. I have a First Direct account and use First Directory. I pay about £15 a month and that gives me vehicle recovery, mobile phone insurance and the main reason I use it Travel Insurance. I’d love to move to Monzo 100% but wouldn’t want to purchase all of these separately. I have a joint Monzo and our personal accounts. The little things Monzo does like turn your card on and off, pots and round up savings are what attracted me. I love Monzo :grin:

1 Like

well they can have the more pack you add the less you pay

Strange people providing negative comments on a bank card, must be really fun to hang out with :tada:

2 Likes

Any chance of a steel card? :smiley:

4 Likes

I’d like the Plus card to be a rectangle of delicious cheese or ham, so when you’re out and about shopping and you’re a bit peckish, you have access to a tasty snack. Vegans could have a slice of avocado or some kind of crackerbread.

2 Likes

Hi there, if eligible can you choose which colour and are these for new customers only ?

When it launches, there will be a paid-for subscription service called “Monzo Plus” (probably £3pm for 6 months) which will let you choose a card colour as well as give you other perks such as Monzo merchandise and forum badges.

It’s currently being trialled with a few bank customers, but likely rolled out to everyone soon.

It won’t appeal to all, obviously, but it’ll be a new revenue stream for the bank.

1 Like

Hi Adam

Thank you for responding so quickly. This is something I would really like to do and 3pm is no problem for me. It may also convince me to switch bank accounts all together, as only using Monzo for budgeting purposes. My daughter recommended me and i am so glad she did.

Is one able to have 2 accounts running in parallel as i have Living/stroke bills currently.

Kindest regards

Dee

You can only have a joint acount on top of the account u got

1 Like

I’ll just leave these here :wink: Assets from within the app :grin:

It’s not quite as cool as a pic of the real cards :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but still pretty sweet :tada:

img_card_midnight_sky img_card_hot_coral img_card_lagoon_blue

14 Likes

Midnight blue :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Got my ‘midnight sky’ card last week and love it… looks great alongside my ‘hot coral’ joint account card! Needless to say there are a few jealous faces in my office.

With that in mind, it’s crazy now how excited people are getting over card colours and features - shows that Monzo is truly changing the way people think about banking (in a positive way)

11 Likes