See your credit score in MonzošŸ“Š

Canā€™t say Iā€™m excited, I already monitor my credit reports via apps for anything unusual, having it in my banking app wonā€™t change anything for me personally

1 Like

Sorry that was not aimed at you - it is just there is always someone who pops up to response to a post to explain stuff when it has already been covered - just making the reader clear I do not need it or want it - just an answer to a simple question - can I disable it in the app?

2 Likes

Itā€™ll probably be on one of the menus (vertical account list possibly, canā€™t think where else theyā€™d put it) so you donā€™t have to look at it if you donā€™t find it useful

1 Like

Hopefully itā€™s going to be an opt-in feature. Assume it will be since itā€™ll need a data sharing agreement and be for over 18 only.

Ms Rat beat me to it in what I was writing.

But I was going to say I doubt a Monzo staff would come in to answer that question in the thread.

Weā€™ve been very lucky so far in having @jackcully and @Juliana join in.

Usually Monzo just post the OP and then let the customers fight it out in an endless circle of questions and guesses until it fizzes out or gets closed.

3 Likes

FWIW Letā€™s remember that the people who use this forum are probably pretty savvy when it comes to their financial matters. The core audience of this feature probably isnā€™t us and probably wouldnā€™t be that beneficial for us.

However with nearly four million users thereā€™s a huge segment of the Monzo base for who this could be really useful.

11 Likes

Im savvy which is why I want to see it :slight_smile:

I think youā€™ll like it - I find it helpful for several reasons and Iā€™m pretty savvy with my credit reports :smirk:

4 Likes

Really useful to upsell

I wish Monzo would do something else than perpetuating the myth of credit scores. How about showing the raw data instead? As you say this is directed at the less financially-savvy people who might benefit a lot from such transparency. Iā€™m assuming this ainā€™t going to happen as Monzo is using a CRA behind the scenes and they have strict rules on what they can and canā€™t say to the customer to make sure the misinformation that powers their whole business lives on.

3 Likes

A huge segment to confuse with an arbitrary number, yes.

Financial Education is the key, not a number. In addition it should be delivered to ALL young adults 16-18, not by a bank (not knocking Monzo for doing it, just saying that you shouldnā€™t need to!)

1 Like

I used to be a teacher, and long pushed for financial education. However we dumped all non-core education (PSHE, citizenship etc) in favour of more time for English and Maths and as Head of English I couldnā€™t complain much about that.

4 Likes

Youā€™re supposed to be on holiday. Pretend youā€™re a teacher. :grimacing:

If I was a still a teacher I wouldnā€™t get holidays, but thatā€™s another topic :joy:

1 Like

Dan, if youā€™re on holiday do please ensure you get a break and enjoy it. :+1:

Iā€™ll be completely offline from Wednesday - for now Iā€™m enjoying having some time on the community tbh!

Before I worked at Monzo I used to spend every evening checking in and posting on here and I miss doing it :see_no_evil:

11 Likes

Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m following your logic. So youā€™re saying that for the benefit of less financially savvy, we should not show a single figure that gives an indication of your credit profile, and should instead show them raw data and have them work it out themselves?

Their proposal makes sense to me, show a score that gives an indication of your likelihood of getting credit, a breakdown of all the factors that have impacted the score and key factors over the last month. Sounds pretty useful to the less financially savvy to me. Unless Iā€™m missing something?

7 Likes

The number is not an indication because the 3 cras donā€™t know monzo criteria, Barclays criteria etc.

2 Likes

So this section in the blog post is false?
But credit scores are great to give you a general sense of how lenders see you. A low score could mean less access to things like credit cards or mortgages, and a high score means you could get better deals and access to more money. So itā€™s definitely worth keeping a close eye on your score ā€“ and doing what you can to try and improve it.

Hi Arthur :wave:

@glasgow is right, the feature is opt-in so we wonā€™t retreive your credit score unless you give your consent :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes