Say hello to Fixed Rate Savings šŸ”’

I’ve still got them

Weird. I think I’ve opened two already this year (though neither is still open)…not sure if there’s a limit?!

Yep, looks like there is

I’ve only got one open at the moment

Both of mine are closed though. Ah well, never mind.

I believe the limit is 2. Not sure if that becomes 6 if you have a joint account (2 personal each and 2 joint).

Edit - I have one personal Select pot and one joint Select pot and can open more.

Can you unarchive it?

Sadly no. Great idea though:

Maybe you are only allowed to create a maximum of 2 in a calendar year or something.

Ahh you’re right. I didn’t go that far. Strange there’s a button to unarchive it, even though you can’t.

1 Like

From the horse’s mouth:

2 Likes

Im Sure there are. But if they’re taking the time and effort to move their savings…why would they not move to a better interest account?

Unless they’re already monzo customers. So its just a bit easier. And that doesnt feel great either. Monzo doing medium level interest rates for lazy customers…

Looks like rates have just been increased to 4.70%

That’s super annoying. It’s not applied to my existing pot and I suspect it won’t - but I couldn’t hang around to find out. Today is the last day of my 14 day cooling off period. So I closed the previous one, got the interest (cause it’s penalty free in the cooling off period) and opened a new one at the new rate. So now I have another 14 day cooling off period. Nice one :+1:

2 Likes

That’s annoying.

As far as I can see in the T&Cs there is a 14 day cooling-off period for a Fixed Rate Cash ISA.

Does anyone know, if I take advantage of that (I’ve got 6 days left) would the withdrawal still be considered as part of the Flexible ISA contributions?

In other words, can I withdraw and then open a new 4.7% FR ISA and be in the same position regards contributions?

TIA

That’s exactly what I did. I am on my last day. It’s a flexible ISA wrapper around all your ISA pots. My limit remains unaffected

1 Like

Brilliant - thank you. I’ll get that sorted this evening.

Just completed this cooling-off closure and new account opening. Took less than a minute.

1 Like