Santander chat ♨️

Cashback on your bills
1% cashback (up to £10 a month) on selected household bills when you pay by Direct Debit

Cashback on your essential spend
1% cashback (up to £10 a month) at supermarkets
and on travel costs when you
use your debit card (exclusions apply)

Exclusive savings rates
An optional savings account with 4.00% AER / 3.93% gross (variable) interest on balances up to £4,000 (includes 0.50% AER (variable) bonus rate for the first 12 months from opening)

Arranged overdraft
Subject to status - learn more in the ‘Overdrafts and charges’ section

How it works
Pay a £3 monthly fee to maintain the account
Pay at least £500 into your account each month
Have 2 active Direct Debits
You’re over 18 and live in the UK permanently
This is a paper-free account – learn more in ‘Other account information’

1 Like

You had me up till the £3/month. These things are made so difficult to calculate your returns and whether it’s beneficial based on your particular spending, it’s not worth the effort, especially with the ‘bonus rate’ on the savings, and whatever list of exclusions apply.

3 Likes

Yeah it got me too.

Though paying energy and council tax by direct debit here I’d get the £3 fee back easy, then the other household bills another few £ at a push.

Then 1% cashback for the shopping and fuel.

To be fair, if I used chase more I’d get 1% back on a lot more and probably outweigh the Santander account.

Actually seems quite good compared to cough plus cough club lloyds

The Barclays blue is the only account I can think that does better than this. Happy to be provided wrong though.

1 Like

That’s why they have a cashback calculator so you can work it out.

1 Like

Looks like it replaces 1|2|3 Lite.

3 Likes

From 22 November 2022 we removed the 1|2|3 Lite Current Account from our product range.

I wonder what will happen to existing 123 Lite accounts.

It’s more than likely they’ll let them keep their existing accounts, but incentivise them to change to the new account type.

Although in fairness the Choice account got rolled out at £10 a month for reduced fees and got very quickly pulled in a couple months, but as far as I’m aware they let them keep their accounts if they wanted to.

1 Like

Santander have now introduced in-app cheque imaging

1 Like

Is it communicated anywhere?
I can’t find information and don’t see an option in my app.

1 Like

Its showing in my Android app (version 4.23.0).

Go into your account and click the 3 dots/menu and it’s shown as an option

1 Like

No show here. Must be gradual rollout.

Edit: actually, you have to tap into your current account and then the 3 dots, not possible just from home page.

Just checked on iOS - it’s there too when these steps are followed!

3 Likes

Looks like you can use it with the eSaver account, too.

1 Like

It does seem like Santander is doing a lot of changes after being stagnant for a while. They’ve made a few other small changes across the app, introduced Santander Boosts, opened up those limited edition savings accounts, created Santander Edge, new card designs.

Need to sort out their login time though. Instant put off.

Could probably check monzo, starling and Revolut in the time it takes to open that to the account screen :joy:

2 Likes

Thought I’d share a little bit of my experience when I triggered Santander’s fraud detection this morning while trying to do a large transfer out of my E-saver to another one of my accounts with HSBC. I was immediately blocked out of internet banking and I received an automated call from Santander asking me to call them.

We first confirmed the details of the receiving account and they indeed matched with my name. It then took >35 minutes to answer the agent’s questions, read through fraud statements, call me back on my mobile number, confirm previous transaction amounts (from memory as I had no internet banking), confirm debit card details, re-confirm I’m not part of a scam, and so on. I don’t think negatively of this process (of course!) other than the experience seemed on a fine line between thorough and long-winded/repetative. They thoroughly did their due dilegence but handy to know you should keep your bank card and a statement handy for this sort of occurance as once blocked out of internet banking (attached to a current account I don’t really use), my mind went blank :sweat_smile:

4 Likes
3 Likes

More updates to the Santander app. I think these are just more specific insights, but still good to see Santander continuously updating the app now.

1 Like

What debit card are Santander currently sending out for current accounts?