🔜 Salary Sorter

I think they mean BACS payment types.

This will certainly cover a proportion of the transfers I do every month and catching the ‘paid early’ event would be a definite improvement. The external account transfers I do can remain as scheduled payments.

How useful it will be depends how useful I find Bills Pots I think. The jury’s still out on that one since they’re so new.

Would this be able to trigger a transfer to a non-Monzo account?

2 Likes

Probably not, and I don’t think it should. Opens up too big a can of worms!

This is pretty critical for a lot of people, I think. Anyone with a joint account and two earners (and, let’s face it, that’s a very large proportion of people nowadays) is going to need this feature. It’s not a “nice to have”! :smiley:

7 Likes

Not just salaries into a JA either - overtime, expense reimbursements, child benefits, etc.

1 Like

It’s Tuesday :eyes:

2 Likes

I was thinking about this and even though this would be a really useful feature it could potentially cause a number of problems when you consider that you’re automatically transferring money to external accounts. If something goes wrong with pot transfers is easy to fix and nothing more than an inconvenience but if your money gets transferred to an external account by mistake… well you get the picture

I don’t think that’s the reason they’re not supported. See this earlier statement:

(Emphasis mine)

You manually trigger the Salary Sorter, it doesn’t run automatically at the moment, maybe something for the future. You can edit it if you’re sorting after payments have already gone out

1 Like

Wait, you mean you have to manually run the salary sorter each payday to transfer money to pots?

I am assuming it will pop up with the saved values from the previous month and you either adjust them or hit the button to sort.

1 Like

This :point_up:

It’s moving money and a new feature so we’re keeping you as the account holder completely in control

11 Likes

I know this feature is not finished or released yet but the first screenshot is a quite misleading then “automatically sort salary as soon as it arrives in your account”.

1 Like

Great feedback, I’ll have a look at that wording :+1:

Any response on the issue of joining multiple “salaries” together? (Joint account, etc.)

You’ll be able to split more than one payment but they won’t be combined together

That’s not a, er, great user experience… Though I’m very much looking forward to the feature! Hopefully this will be something in consideration for the future.

This would work nicely as part of an automated solution. Especially if the salary’s were paid at on different days and had different payment frequencies. Fingers crossed this feature does become automated in the future

I think it’s pretty fair to have it set up so that you handle the sorting of different salaries separately. Most couples earn different amounts and may be paid on slightly different schedules. Setting up “sort” settings per salary rather than combined makes more sense to me. If you’re an individual with multiple incomes, then I guess I can see the appeal in wanting to sort them as a combined income.

3 Likes