Revolut chat

Customer choice to enable biometric lock, if they don’t want to then that’s on the customer. Plus you can’t transfer money out anyways without the pin code.

7 Likes

It’s in the settings to enable lockdown to require authentication everytime one goes back to the app.

1 Like

Considering how many people complain about this, it should either be an option when you first create your account, or make it automatically on with the option to turn off.

My opinion roughly lines up with this. As long as the option to transfer out money is locked behind some kind of security measure, then being able to look at my balance or recent transactions isn’t a major hole. In fact, over here (US user here) a lot of banks will let you see at least your balance from the app without a full log-in (usually called “account preview”, “quick peek”, or similar).

1 Like

I’ve been through this before (more than once). It only works with biometrics, and if the biometrics don’t work reliably (strangely, on my phone, only with Monzo - but I think I know why) then you have to get an email to log in and that unsets your security. So you have to reset it! It’s a complete farce.

1 Like

Monzo, don’t believe it matters, so they won’t fix it.

1 Like

Why have a hole at all? But it’s actually bigger than you suggest, you can see pretty much everything and you can amend Payee details!!!
And do American Banks FORCE you to have an account preview, or is it optional?

1 Like

Personally I don’t see the problem with no verification logging into the Monzo app it simplifies a lot and I’d probably prefer that across all my accounts as I’ve already completed security to access my handset via Face ID

2 Likes

Revolut seems to be deparate to make inroads in US market. They cut down all fees. ATM withdrawals are unlimited within the network now. if this is not surprising you, $1,200 wihtout fees outside the network will entice you to try Revolut. Also, you will get 10 free international transfers and commission free crypto trading. Revolut increases fair usage caps on free accounts in the US – TechCrunch

1 Like

Bait and switch anyone?

(If I were in the US I’d probably go for this while it lasted).

1 Like

Fits with their general land grab approach and they’ve got buckets of money to play with now. Revolut are in a great position - snap up all the customers, then develop their product and customer service - they don’t have any legacy bad press in the US, so imagine a lot of people would think they’re brilliant and offering good services.

5 Likes

New limited edition card design

2 Likes

Can’t say I really understand this. Must be more going on behind the scenes:

1 Like

Headhunting as a Service

So just a recruitment agency?

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

Feels like an, erm, interesting choice for an acquisition.

Makes sense if they’re going all out to expand in the US

Customise your card for an extra 2.99 on top of 4.99, it feels a bit half assed , especially since other banks let you cover the whole card with a picture.

Some icons, text in various fonts and a doodle pen only in white

1 Like

See I think that’s different to the whole card being an image. I like the idea of a little part being quite personalised like that.

3 Likes

Don’t think we’ve seen this article before:

Nothing totally new, but an interesting insight into Mr Storonsky.

Ok, so this probably sounds a bit of a silly question, but what exactly is Revolut now? I’ve never signed up or paid too much attention to them - I thought they were ‘basically’ a pre-pay debit card but now they seem to virtually a fully-fledged bank account? Although looking at their website, they seem to go to a lot of trouble not to refer to themselves a bank or have bank accounts (they appear to have ‘plans’ instead of accounts?).

Are they a bank account now? Or is there still something fundamental that’s missing from it to be called that?