Redesigning Spending

(Eddie Stubbington) #210

I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned this as I’m in a bit of a rush. However, I wanted to share my feedback after enabling monzo labs:

• I get paid weekly so at the moment this feature isn’t as useful as Monzo users that are paid monthly.
  • Because of the above I get paid less than £500 each payment (Also, the amount can vary as I’m a contractor)

From what I have seen in app so far though. the UI looks really clear and simple. Can’t wait to see what happens next.

(Noel Edmonds Beard Sculptor ) #211

I selected salary and can’t change date till next month

(Dan Bennett) #212

I can’t - it sends me to the same “Set Payday” page. Salary is not listed. So tells me to then add money to my account. Hmm…!

Great idea but I had to opt out pretty quickly.

Unfortunately I get paid every 4 weeks (…don’t get me started. It drives me insane!) so in it’s current form, it just wont work for me.

Keep up the good work though guys! Loving the progress :slight_smile:

Ah okay, my bad! I didn’t go through that far :man_facepalming:

(Noel Edmonds Beard Sculptor ) #215

Either it’s still working it out but this is wrong lol

(Is Santa here yet?) #216

I just didn’t set a date. That just leaves it as a calendar month which is fine for me

(Jack) #217

It seems to only go back as far as November for me. It use to go back till I first signed up.

(Andy Barnes) #218

How does one now manage targets on iOS with the new summary screen?

It’s optimised for Current Account, which is why it’s only showing that summary :+1:

Product might give a better more comprehensive answer.

(Jack) #220

Ahh ok makes sense Beth :slight_smile: thought it may have been a bug

(Jack) #221

Seems good so far. You can tell it’s in its early stages here and there but nice to see it in progress :slight_smile:

(Jack) #224

I’m going to wait for the dedicated thread before adding anymore feedback

(Wayne Simpson) #225

I’m wondering if it has to be an incoming BACS payment for Monzo to see it as salary or if I’ll be able to select any incoming transaction over £500 as my salary, even if I’ve transferred from another on of my accounts?

(Marcel Ruhf) #226

Looks great.
Maybe having an option to automatically start the new month when a payment from the same organisation initially selected comes in (provided it’s above £500, as otherwise it could be expenses) would solve the issue of various different pay cycles, at least for the most part. It will be a bit tricker for sole traders / freelancers though.

(Noel Edmonds Beard Sculptor ) #227

I went to April and I can’t seem to set my salary or find it and it’s 1st to 30th

(Is Santa here yet?) #228

Mine says April has 30 days :woman_shrugging:

Edit: saw what you did there :joy:

(Noel Edmonds Beard Sculptor ) #229

So does mine :sunny:

(Anthony Philip) #230

It would be great to have an option to permanently mark/check certain ‘income’ transactions as salary, currently for me, this is shown as transfers.
I’m a freelancer/contractor so income does not always fall in the £500 minimum spend.

(Tristan Thomas) #231

If you have feedback on the new Summary screen, we’d love to hear your thoughts over on our new Monzo Labs topic! Labs Feedback: Summary 📊