Redesigning Spending

I’m going to wait for the dedicated thread before adding anymore feedback

I’m wondering if it has to be an incoming BACS payment for Monzo to see it as salary or if I’ll be able to select any incoming transaction over £500 as my salary, even if I’ve transferred from another on of my accounts?

Looks great.
Maybe having an option to automatically start the new month when a payment from the same organisation initially selected comes in (provided it’s above £500, as otherwise it could be expenses) would solve the issue of various different pay cycles, at least for the most part. It will be a bit tricker for sole traders / freelancers though.

I went to April and I can’t seem to set my salary or find it and it’s 1st to 30th

Mine says April has 30 days :woman_shrugging:

Edit: saw what you did there :joy:

So does mine :sunny:

1 Like

It would be great to have an option to permanently mark/check certain ‘income’ transactions as salary, currently for me, this is shown as transfers.
I’m a freelancer/contractor so income does not always fall in the £500 minimum spend.

2 Likes

If you have feedback on the new Summary screen, we’d love to hear your thoughts over on our new Monzo Labs topic! Labs Feedback: Summary 📊

3 Likes

You can enable it in the account settings :blush:

How? I don’t see anything on the testflight app?

In account tab click on your profile at top.

It’s at bottom above log out. Toggle it on

3 Likes

Hmm I’m on Android, it sounded like it was the same but maybe not… :thinking:

if you watch the video you’ll pick up a lot of info on how it will work.

Other way round. It only applies to direct debits currently

Nono, my committed spending shows Standing Orders and not Direct Debits.

2 Likes

Looks great, although even though i’ve excluded internal transfers from my summary it still has them as “income” which is wrong so my left to spend is totally wrong. Is there now way to modify what it classes as “income”?

1 Like

Mines definitely the other way round…

I lie. I’m sorry, I was looking at bills in general :joy:

1 Like

As Tristan said above -

So let’s carry on the chat there!

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Labs Feedback: Summary :bar_chart: