PlayStation 5

Very clever, as people become increasingly desperate to secure something…anything…they’ll end up paying more.

1 Like

I missed the pre orders so im just going to wait until there is free flow stock

Yeah, I run on the halfway cycle (PS3 Slim, PS4 Pro) so I’ll stick with my Pro for now.

I think the Apple rule is probably worth remembering: Never buy on Day 1.

I was able to grab a bundle from Game with a second controller, let’s hope they don’t cancel it haha :crossed_fingers:

If anything it’s a Microsoft rule after the mess with the overheating 360.

I thought it was never buy the first generation of any Apple product though I can see why you wouldn’t also want to buy on Day 1 either for various reasons.

Yup. Skip first gen hardware, and avoid day one software upgrades. I listen to neither. I’ve always had good experiences on the hardware front, but there are quite a few software releases where I wish I’d waited for the .1 update. This year especially.

1 Like

Hope this doesn’t affect any of you:

I missed both pre-order opportunities, the second one Argos said at 4am they will be taking a second round of pre-orders, when i checked it just said Out of Stock straight away, im not expecting my PS5 this side of christmas, thats for sure :frowning:

Looking at the way they are being re-sold on eBay its ashame that Playstation and Ebay don’t team up to get these scalped pre-orders back on the market for genuine shoppers! (Thats my opinion anyway)

1 Like

It is against their T&Cs but yeah they should be clamping down on it harder. But who knows what is happening behind the scenes - might be like whack-a-mole :hammer:

1 Like

If eBay were really determined to work with Sony, it should be simple:

IF listing = Playstation 4, THEN cancel

I suspect the issue is that because eBay get a cut from the sales (regardless of if the seller can actually procure the item or not), they have no incentive to stop listings of Playstation 5s.

Ditto the Xbox Series X.

Ditto any desirable item that can end up on the secondary market immediately.

1 Like

There was absolutely no reason for retailers to sell them prior to being given their stock allocation. It’s just pure greed and at the consumers expense.

Hopefully those that were essentially “miss sold” get some form of compensation and manage to secure one from another source.

2 Likes

Im just going to wait for free-flowing stock

That would stop some but sticking them in different categories would be a way around it - I guess it would also cause a lot of false flags for people selling games, accessories, posters, guides and all sorts of other things too.

Like you said though. If they take the fees for the listing, then remove it, they make money. Without some legal requirement being forced onto them I guess they’re happy to let it slide and be part of the hype.

If eBay were serious about it, it would be difficult for sellers to find a way around it. Even if they use different categories, they’ll still have to end up using the same key words - after all, if they’re 100% effective at hiding the listing from eBay, that means they’ll also be hiding it from their customers.

It reminds me of the secondary market for gig tickets, in that the resellers don’t give an actual shit as long as they get their cut. Ed Sheeran charity gig that a reseller can make an obscene profit on? Not their problem as long as they get their sweet, sweet cut.

Fingers crossed that all the eBay sellers are also the people whose pre-orders won’t be fulfilled until 2021 and it all goes awfully tits up for them :sweat_smile:

1 Like

For the few US people on here, you lucky people get a years worth of Playstation Plus for half price.

I hope we get this at some point too :frowning:

It is £24.99 on the uk store. Doesn’t ps plus apply to all users on a system, so get a dummy account set to US and apply this then play online with all your games and under your normal ID?

Which store? Mine is in need of renewal and I don’t want to pay full price if there’s an offer on somewhere…

This is a link to the UK 12 months. 42 instead of 50. That also has an offer for a US key if you search but I looked at the admin around it and not worth having a separate ID for US for ps+

So it’s not £24.99 anywhere?

1 Like