PlayStation 5

Only USA like I said in my post :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion. £24.99 on the uk CdKeys store for the US ps+ membership. I see how my wording may have caused confusion, although I thought that was clear at the time…!
My point was meant to be about the fact that you can setup a dummy US account on a second user on your PS4 and can share ps+ benefits with all other users if you do that.

It’s too much hassle in the long run having to set different accounts to be set as primary some ps plus games not being available in different countries etc, if u you use it purely for online and don’t get any of the Ps plus games then create a dummy account and do it that way.

Official PS5 teardown… Just from the first scene that thing looks huge :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Looks just as huge as the Series X

It’s like 90% cooling system :sweat_smile:

Some really thoughtful ideas though: vents to stick a vacuum to and suck out dust, easy access expansion ports, a little draw to keep a screw etc :grinning:

Must be an illusion.

2 Likes

Yeah this and to convert the bottom stand to a side stand was really neat.

I also like the fact that the sides just slide off. I bet there will be lots of creative covers for sale relatively cheap without the need to buy a whole new “special edition” console.

1 Like

I’ll vinyl wrap the white panels on mine, I reckon.

Might cover it in pictures of Master Chief.

I don’t remember there being many creative covers for the 360 and that was also a clip off/clip on jobbie.

Perhaps wraps then like @hdwrng mentioned? Quick, cheap, endless possibilities and can dramatically change the look :man_shrugging:

I’m sure dbrand will do a skin

1 Like

You can already pre order from them.

The middle part of the console should be easy enough to skin since it’s just smooth plastic.
I’ll be interested to see how they’ll tackle the removable sides considering they’re textured.

1 Like

So much edge

:joy:

Big cooking fan? Greg Wallace’s face all over your console?

Ohhh “chIef”…

He’s everyone’s favourite big green friend.

I don’t think I can really argue with the price point for the PS5 - it’s a serious chunk of hardware (literally in fact…)

I’ve realised that I’m so far behind on PS4 games I want to play that buying a replacement 4 and enjoying the dive in game prices is the way to go! Of course the very minute Final Fantasy is released I will be upgrading!

I’m sure I read somewhere that all PS4 games are backwards compatible with the PS5? So you could have the best of both worlds if you got one?

Found it. 99% are compatible:

Managed to order one today. Game have been secretly cancelling orders of people that have ordered more than one and releasing them back to order. So excited.

Good for me, bad for the eBay resellers haha.

Thanks to stock informer for the heads up.

5 Likes

OMG what time did you order it? I’m trying to check the stock but I haven’t been that lucky. :frowning: