P2P payments

Was just thinking about it last night…

I think two aspects are important:

1. Ease of splitting the bill (tap on a payment notification, some kind of unique tap (double tap?) for splitting, select whom to split with, done)

2. Easy for friends to pay:
    (i) if they are with Mondo, they could probably be just selected from the contacts, receive a notification, confirm, done
    (ii) if they aren’t, there could either be an internal contact book for friends (so I don’t need to enter bank account numbers each time), or just enter their phone number/email, they receive a notification, they pay with a card/transfer/paypal

Another good solution would be similat to that of PaypalMe of Paypal, where you just give your unique short URL to friends (e.g. mine is paypal.me/543), and they just choose the amount and pay with a preferred method.

A nice to have would be a feature that would categorise only the part of a split payment I paid myself as expenses, not the whole payment.

A super nice to have feature would be that of taking a snap and reading the bill, then I highlight different items with my finger (as Google Translate does when you translate from pictures), and it automatically calculates totals and assigns to friends to pay.

4 Likes