New to Monzo Plus: interest on your money and exclusive discounts šŸŽˆ

I also think that customers should be able to ā€œcustomise ā€œ their plus account, and choose how much interest they would like to earn . If they want to earn 2.5% on Ā£1,000, 1.5 % on Ā£ 4,000 or 1% on Ā£10,000. That way Monzo could fit individual needs better and make ā€œmoney / interest work for each individual ā€œ.:+1:

4 Likes

I was thinking this too. Itā€™d fit it in with the mantra of Plus being that you can choose what works for you. I donā€™t think itā€™d add much additional complexity either.

Or being variable (which was my initial suggestion to Monzo when they brought out the survey) so if you have up to Ā£1000 then you get 2.5% then after that, anything up to Ā£4000 youā€™d get 1.5% and then 1% up to Ā£10000. However it might have been a bit too impractical for this iteration of offers for Monzo Plus as its still new :grin:

Edit: added the close bracket since I forgot lol :rofl:

3 Likes

This was the screen, you can still get to it in the Manage Plus section of your profile:

Hopefully this will become both a toggle and a section to view current and historic interest earned :soon:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s the one! Thanks

Itā€™s been two days and Iā€™ve been bounced from advisor to advisor who all say it is being looked at and no one is none the wiser. Would hope to have had some clarity on whether Interest is being earned or not by now.

2 Likes

Surely itā€™s being earned by every Plus customer unless you decide to opt out?

I wish when you clicked on the ā€œgreat, thanks!ā€ box that there was some kind of confirmation youā€™re definitely now getting the interest. I keep going into the manage plus section and clicking on it again :joy:.
It was like that when signing up to the Monzo Plus waitlist - you could do it again and again and it left a certain amount of uncertainty.

4 Likes

Yeah I get what you mean. Itā€™d be nice to have confirmation. I think theyā€™ve said theyā€™re working on a screen which will show you how much interest has been earned and give you an update.

1 Like

Will the metal card be an extra cost on top of the subscription?

Iā€™ve messaged the customer support about this problem. Iā€™ve been told that all Monzo plus accounts will be automatically earning interest, unless opted out. I have asked to confirm if my account is currently earning interest , but after being passed over to 3 different people , I still havenā€™t had a confirmation apart from that it should be automatic :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not confirmed yet.

All existing Monzo Plus customers started earning interest on the 4th July, the day we released it. Weā€™re updating our internal tooling to make this clearer. Sorry for the confusion!

If you sign up for Plus after the 4th, then youā€™ll start earning interest the same day your first payment is taken.

14 Likes

Thatā€™s the general expectation thatā€™s been set but whether thatā€™s monthly or one-off or something else, we donā€™t know.

1 Like

Will there be an option to have the interest paid directly into a pot?

Why is this a ā€œproblemā€?

Monzo has said youā€™ll earn interest, how is there any doubt?

Itā€™s not like if there is some sort of error and interest isnā€™t applied youā€™ve lost the chance because the day has gone. Itā€™s very easy to backdate interest, so you wonā€™t lose out.

Donā€™t sweat it.

7 Likes

Hi Jamie,

We all work differently. For me itā€™s a motivating factor that previously on my Oaknorth saving pot I could see the interest building every day. For some people seeing their saving grow itā€™s a motivating factor to save more. :slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Snap! Whoā€™s got Ā£4k kicking about anyway :joy:

7 Likes

Thirded.

And I donā€™t see any reason Monzo couldnā€™t offer a tiering like this in future perhaps? Bar moving money around during house sales, Iā€™ve never ever had Ā£4k in my account.

Given that Monzo has a mission to help people be better with money, Iā€™m thinking that 2.5% on the first 1K would be a better incentive for their marketed audience, but happy to concede that their target audience for Plus is more based on internal info (they will know that X% of users have more than 4K and can do the ROI on that I suppose?).

1 Like

I agree and that was my feedback on the questionnaire they sent out. Perhaps their target demographic differs from what I have always perceived? They may well be trying to move away from ā€œthat bank you can get a top up card fromā€.

But youā€™re quite right Iā€™ve not seen those numbers since I bought and sold my place with my ex wifeā€¦ But Iā€™m sure thatā€™ll all change soon :smiley::smiley::smiley:

1 Like