MSE ATM Charges article

Santander for one listens. A few years back they where going to start charging for using one of their older less popular business accounts (the one I have), people complained and Santander backed away from the idea.

Some banks do listen. Monzo doesn’t have a monopoly on the feel-good factor.

True, but I think there is a difference between business banking and regular banking for most banks. I’m not surprised they listen to businesses over normal folk.

4 Likes

I’m the same, saved a fortune. Ok, I don’t follow on his every word as some don’t apply to me. But I’m a lot more money savvy now

1 Like

Here is their (MSE) latest article

1 Like

I don’t like the way they try and portray it as Monzo being the bad guys here…

3 Likes

I’m not swayed by MSE, I only use it as a referenced before doing my own research. They’re just so biased and act childish if there is something they don’t like (with an extra squeeze of [law breaking] (MoneySupermarket fined for Spam))

1 Like

Might be missing your point here but what does moneysavingexpert have to do with the moneysupermarket link?

1 Like

One of the same company as they bought MSE. It’s earlier in the post

1 Like

MSE has miss-advertised Monzo and people think Monzo has changed their path because they never did their own research. I made a comment on MSE post and I was getting replies such as the following.

MSE advertised Monzo under it’s “FEE FREE TRAVEL CARDS” post, It’s a shame people are acting crazy because they think that the current account REQUIRES a full move to Monzo. The thing to remember is the CA works the same as the Prepaid, the prepaid was literally, just a beta card for what’s going to be on the CA.

Monzo has not exploited anyone, they have a clear path to where they want to be. Anyone who thinks Monzo is exploiting them as a person by introducing fees and releasing a CA, have most likely themselves been exploited for MSE marketing purposes, by reading MSE articles and sharing them, you’re giving them traction to keep posting shit and exploiting companies such as Monzo while advertising them as something they’re not.

4 Likes

Apologies, I misread the thread slightly

Love your comment on the MSE article.

4 Likes

I actually they think too come across as a little crazy.

If I was a little older with a legacy bank and showing an interest in moving, and being a little more savvy with banking, I would find the comments a little odd/off putting.

I think I’m with you @anon40728597 the comments come across as excessively argumentative…

I believe you mean my comments? Thing on MSE is, people aren’t looking to move banks, they wanted cheap no fee travel cards and when Monzo introduced fees because fee free was unsustainable people thought their prepaid travel cards were exploited because that’s what MSE said they were.

The difference is, they’re not travel cards, Monzo is a bank and not a travel card, and there have been so many topics on the forum here and other locations asking Monzo to stay on track with the travel card thinking it’s that, that Monzo offers, when the prepaid card is only a beta for everything that willl be on the CA.

Yeah some of my comments there were defensive but people saying they were exploited?.. Nah, they were just defending something they thought to be true without research because a website called Money saving expert said it to be true :joy:

Didn’t mean to come across rude but I still blame MSE for false information. Which in turn can become bad PR for Monzo who I think will do great things :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

You’re fighting a losing battle mate

2 Likes

You didn’t come across as rude. No idea what they are on about. You were honest and tried to put people who clearly didn’t read up on Monzo and what they are and what they are trying to become in the right lane.

It’s literally like me joining Halifax to get an account that offers free withdrawals overseas and then considering Halifax a travel/currency company. It’s idiots not getting 100% what they want and throwing a little childish tantrum.

And yes, I have no qualms that I come across rude there. I’m almost done to death with idiots who can’t take 10 minutes to do some research rather than relying on one article on one website.

4 Likes

Appreciate your passion mate but remember Monzo could have approach MSE and maybe corrected them or put a stop to it by explaining in one of their threads. I don’t use MSE and personally, I feel it’s bit patronising but I think Monzo gained a lot of customers on the back of MSE free advertisement and to some extent were happy to let that go because the number of customers meant more chance of convincing people to switch to CA in future.

1 Like

Totally agree.

The worst thing is they then go and bad mouth Monzo…even though Monzo weren’t the people that deluded them in the first place!

What do you think they do on here? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

MSE have threads, don’t they?

Sure, but I’m not sure it is really Monzo’s place to go and invade another company’s forum.

You saw how well the reaction went to criticism on there recently!