Monzo wants higher staff turnover

Was shocked at this article 'Hey guys, thanks for making Monzo a huge success but please leave as we don’t really need your kind of skills anymore"

Monzo come across as total c**** in this article. If this is not what was meant I think your PR department needs a ruler across their knuckles for not conveying the message properly or for putting it out there in the first place!

3 Likes

Are people reading what they want the article to say rather than what it actually says?

Nowhere does it say that staff will be encouraged or forced to leave

Rather if they feel the company has changed on them (e.g. they want to work in an early or small company) or they feel the need to move on then they should not feel trapped in by share options or other binds

There’s nothing more there than that

14 Likes

I don’t really read it that way at all. But to be honest, if the company has outgrown their skill set, why shouldn’t they be encouraged to leave?

I work in the public sector and I think a fair few of my colleagues should be encouraged to move on :rofl:

1 Like

:joy: Most of the public sector have moved on, Most that i know are off work due to stress

Doesn’t that tell you that they are being mismanaged? Perhaps their managers should be encouraged to leave?

True but you could just accuse them of bullying in a formal complaint and put your feet up for 6 months on full pay, go travelling :joy:

It’s not mismanagement, it’s austerity cuts. You could be working under the best manager in the world, but it’s not going to make a fig of difference when their hands are tied because there’s no money.

2 Likes

I don’t want to derail the OP’s thread with an off-the-cuff comment. Teaching is the specific industry I was referring to, and I’d happily talk for days about the pros and cons of our current system/funding/governance/zeitgeist. If you want to we can start a thread in general chat with @shaggy35 but suffice to say I agree that the best manager in the word can only do so much with limited resources, but part of a manager’s job is also to act as a “sh!t umbrella” for those working under them; bad managers prefer instead to act as a “sh!t funnel”, hence my comment regarding time off for stress.

1 Like

In a previous job, my manager used to say “shit rolls downhill” which was his way of saying if he was getting shit, then he’d be sure to give us shit.

Obviously I am no longer at that job :joy:

5 Likes

He sounds a delight.

If my team are getting shit then I’m doing something wrong.

6 Likes

So much this. It’s a massive thing I’ve learnt in the last six months!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.