Monzo / Unite Students Partnership Opportunity

Yes, I think my point is that most banks do require it, but Monzo don’t - making them a perfect bank to partner with universities.

4 Likes

It’s a regular account designed for international students. It’s not a ‘student account’ with perks per say.

Even to open a regular account though is difficult.

2 Likes

Completely agree. I was just pointing out that a proof of attendance from the university shouldn’t be necessary for an international student to open a Monzo account.

Advertising to international students could help Monzo develop its international presence as well as giving them more customers.

need for VISA

VISA is the payment processing company, visa is an immigration document. It’s a bit of a pet peeve, sorry. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

To be fair - Visa is a payment processor and a visa is an immigration document - as I understand it, its only the logo which is all caps :exploding_head:

Monzo, like every other bank I’ve ever used, accepts non-EEA passports, including my exotic, tropical-island one. It’d be very very backwards for a bank to not accept non-EEA passports as a form of identity.

Well that is perfect then! Should be very easy for international students to set up a Monzo card

1 Like

Indeed, much easier than other banks!

2 Likes

Passports from any country are valid proofs of ID for any bank.
When I came to the UK as an international student, many years ago, I don’t remember needing to proof my address to Natwest with an utility bill or driving license, I don’t remember what exactly I gave them but I guess it was my Uni letter, and perhaps a letter from my student accomodation.
I don’t think opening student current accounts for International students is difficult at all, but yes you have to go to the branch etc. so Monzo can improve things in this aspect.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.