Monzo in the media

Starling probably benefit as some will experience their service and switch to them permanently.

2 Likes

I sort of love the fact that there seems to be an innate fascination with Starling as the only alternative for cheques. The reality is that many different banks offer the ability to receive cheques more easily and customers may use any of them.

The world really isn’t shaped around Monzo and Starling locked in an eternal battle for cheques.

8 Likes

Like a really rubbish version of Godzilla vs Kong

4 Likes

I don’t think fairness has anything to do with it tbh. They are a business, they offer a service and choose not to charge for it. You use that service. All seems fair and open to me.

4 Likes

Agree, I use Halifax for my cheques, higher limits.

I think it’s probably because of all the alternatives, Starling is the easiest one to sign up for and start using right away (other alternatives may insist on a branch visit to prove you identify, say).

2 Likes

I’m sure someone on here opened a Starling account, deposited a cheque in the app straight away, and spent the funds on the virtual card the next day. (And all with just a soft credit search, too, if that’s important to you.)

No other High Street bank can offer that, and for me, that’s a modern-day current account at its finest.

4 Likes

Tesco issues made it to MSE

5 Likes

I’ve had a bunch of the duplicate transactions in the last couple of weeks. Usually I’d only get one every few months. Always Tesco. Interesting that it says Tesco aim to refund them within a day - it always takes 8 days.

2 Likes