Monzo in the media

How would that cause or contribute to a 30% increase in revenue?

1 Like

Ahh jesus didnt realise this thread was full of parrots :grimacing:

Misread, apologies.

Major costcuts and increased revenue is good for profitability but my point still stands around chat its something i think should be improved rather than stripped to the bare minimum

Only when I’m off! More often than not I’m one of the few people replying to threads at 2/3am, when the place is dead, except for @SebH at times! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Like a night watch :rofl:

2 Likes

Haha, true!

I think the chat should allow everyone to leave a message at any time, even if it isn’t “open” for replies.

And @Revels is completely right that everyone should get the same service - it’s important for customer fairness, but also more practical things like support.

If I want to teach a relative how to contact Monzo via chat, for example, I would currently have to tell them to search for something like “get in touch” and tell them that, even then, they may or may not see a button. What use is that?!

10 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes
7 Likes

Fascinated by the annual changing name of that party…

5 Likes

Yes, it struck me as silly.

They should have just stuck with the 2017 name, simple and does what it says on the tin.

1 Like

was probably a company bought in to do the photography and provide the booth etc, they probably did that themselves, each one was different

Christmas parties are for silliness :partying_face:

2 Likes

I know, but having a slightly different name each year?!

That’s just taking the silliness too far.

Does it really matter? :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

No, obviously not! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can’t really do work Christmas parties, my demanding inner introvert takes over and it always feels excruciating to be part of. But those pics do look gloriously silly!

2 Likes

Neither, not for the same reason - just cause I make a massive cock of myself and always end up the talk of the office - 2019 I ended up falling into a hole in Birmingham where they were doing waterworks

3 Likes

Too much information.

1 Like

if that is considered too much information, then there’s a lot of conversation you’d find hard to digest lol

5 Likes

On balance I’m posting this here rather than in the Starling thread, but I’ve been looking for this article for ages…

https://twitter.com/simonvc/status/1362768259007791107?s=20

The precise quote I was looking for was:

Ms Boden, a former AIB and Royal Bank of Scotland banker, met Mr Blomfield at a dinner shortly after she left RBS in 2011.

“He was very reluctant to tell me the idea, he was very suspicious of me”, she told the Financial Times last year. “I was in a world where we were trying to protect the status quo and he didn’t understand that status quo.”

6 Likes