Monzo for Android - Teardowns & Deep Dives 👨‍💻

The ‘Income’ section in Summary has thankfully returned in Joint Accounts too :+1:

1 Like

Have teardowns stopped happening now?

2 Likes
I haven't had time or motivation for the last few weeks, this is only a hobby after all.

…and on that note — a teardown is incoming. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Jack, are there any guides or direction you could possibly pass on as how you provide these breakdowns please of the weekly releases?

2 Likes

If anyone wants to give the teardowns a go, then go for it! If you sort of know how to do this already and need some help send me a private message.

However I don’t have the time at the moment to write up a guide.

3 Likes

:tada: Highlights – Version: 3.10.0–3.14.0 :tada:

Disclaimer: things below are subject to change, could just be tests or might be reverted!

Credit Tracker:

<boolean name="credit_tracker_enabled" value="false" />

<string name="credit_tracker_legal_documents_body">"We need to ask TransUnion for your score. We’ll do this on your behalf once you check your score for the first time. Just confirm you’ve read and understood the documents below, and you’re ready to go!"</string>
<string name="credit_tracker_legal_documents_hint_and_separator">" and "</string>
<string name="credit_tracker_legal_documents_hint_comma_separator">", "</string>
<string name="credit_tracker_legal_documents_hint_intro">"By checking your credit score you agree to the "</string>
<string name="credit_tracker_legal_documents_primary_button_text">Check credit score</string>
<string name="credit_tracker_legal_documents_title">One last thing…</string>

Export to Google Drive:

<string name="automatic_export_card_button_set_up">Set up</string>
<string name="automatic_export_card_description">Connect your Google account and automatically export your transaction data to a Google Sheet.</string>
<string name="automatic_export_card_title">Automatic transaction export</string>
<string name="automatic_export_connected_card_description">Google Drive</string>
<string name="automatic_export_status_on">On</string>
<string name="automatic_export_status_paused">Paused</string>
<string name="automatic_export_tour_description">"Link your Google Drive account to your Monzo app and we’ll automatically export your transactions to a spreadsheet. You can pause it at any time, or remove access at the touch of a button."</string>
<string name="automatic_export_tour_title">Automatically export your transaction data</string>

Pot Round Up:

<string name="pot_round_up_multiplier_description">spend %1$s, save %2$s</string>
<string name="pot_round_up_multiplier_text">%1$dx</string>
<string name="pot_round_up_multiplier_title">Multipliers</string>

Virtual Cards:

<string name="vc_details_card_details_card_number_label">Card number</string>
<string name="vc_details_card_details_cvc_label">CVC2</string>
<string name="vc_details_card_details_expiry_label">Expiry</string>
<string name="vc_details_card_details_footer">You can check these again at any time by tapping manage card</string>
<string name="vc_details_card_details_label">Card details</string>
<string name="vc_details_card_details_label_action">Show details</string>
<string name="vc_details_card_details_name_on_card_label">Name on card</string>
<string name="vc_details_money_source_footer">When you use these card details, the money will come from this account.</string>
<string name="vc_details_money_source_label">Money source</string>
<string name="vc_details_new_card_description">You can now shop online, pay subscriptions, using these card details.</string>
<string name="vc_details_new_card_title">Virtual card created</string>
<string name="vc_details_title">Create virtual card</string>
<string name="vc_list_active_cards_label">Active virtual cards</string>
<string name="vc_list_create_button">Create virtual card</string>
<string name="vc_list_create_button_disabled_hint">You can only create %s virtual cards</string>
<string name="vc_list_created_date">Created %s</string>
<string name="vc_list_empty_create_title">Create a virtual card</string>
<string name="vc_list_empty_footer">Use virtual card details for online payments and subscriptions. Keep your real 16-digit card number safe and stay in control.</string>
<string name="vc_list_empty_label">Virtual cards</string>
<string name="vc_list_inactive_cards_subtitle">%s inactive cards</string>
<string name="vc_list_inactive_cards_title">Inactive virtual cards</string>
<string name="vc_list_subtitle">Create digital debit cards to split your spending and stay in control</string>
<string name="vc_list_title">Create virtual card</string>

Assets:

cloud_white

ic_income

ic_power_up
ic_salary_sorter
ic_selected
icn_category_bills icn_category_charity icn_category_eating_out icn_category_entertainment icn_category_expenses icn_category_family icn_category_finances icn_category_gifts icn_category_groceries icn_category_holidays icn_category_personal_care icn_category_shopping icn_category_transport

Deep Links:

monzo://edit-accounts
monzo://interest_statements
monzo://settings_business_details
monzo://virtual_cards

21 Likes

Monzo plus is ticking along nicely then with the virtual cards and the roundups accelerator

3 Likes

I wonder if the Google Drive export will be a Monzo Plus exclusive too.

You folks always impress me with what you manage to find :slight_smile:

7 Likes

That’s some serious features all bundled into one update… think I might explode with excitement :boom: :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

My guess is there’s likely a few plus features in internal testing based off the above. Who knows, hopefully there will be some announcements soon.

Looking forward to the new plus.

6 Likes

Yeah I think that will be the case too. I’ve not seen them release more than one thing at a time before as I imagine it will hard to keep on top of the feedback and bugs that get submitted for them all.

Gladly be proven wrong though :grin:

2 Likes

Yes please :smiley: hopefully will work for joint account.

If anybody is wondering where all those new little icons live :male_detective:

Change the category of a transaction :wink:

Look! There’s a train! :train2::yum:

6 Likes

Stupid train

All the icons have been changed (slightly)!

1 Like

I hope this is backed by some hard facts showing that more people use the transport category for trains than fuel or I’m uninstalling!

Will be interesting to see if virtual cards will be exclusively a plus feature. Would be cool if you could have 1 or 2 as part of a basic account and more for plus, though.

Round up multipliers for plus would seem kinda lame though.

1 Like

I hope it is. This is the sort of feature I don’t see as core banking and if users want it they should pay for it. The caveat to that is if there is no significant development time and costs to Monzo but then it is a way to increase revenue.

1 Like

Still a car on mine… who would have though it the train is late :eyes:

2 Likes