I crossed them out as the time went past :see_no_evil:

He can have the first guess at 1million :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

August 19th

I demand monzo swag :joy:

8 Likes

I demand it for @anon4562461

4 Likes

I didnā€™t imagine anyone would upgrade on a Sunday with no postal service. I was wrong. Congratulations Monzo!

2 Likes

1 Like

FYI, weā€™ll be shortly removing the Live Current Account Counter from the website.

Itā€™s run its course as a way of displaying CA #s during this upgrade period, and is basically a bit of an internal hack. So weā€™re cleaning things up ahead of the prepaid closure.

We hope to have a proper alternative in place at some point. Stay tuned.

4 Likes

So no more bets for 1 million then. :roll_eyes:

Hope Monzo will still publish some periodic figures. I think itā€™s understandable not to have this counter public in its current form.

2 Likes

Will we continue to get updates in the this thread in the meantime or does that mean the end of this thread also? :neutral_face:

1 Like

It suggests that things arenā€™t as transparent as they might be. The number of prepaids that didnā€™t convert and now the number of actual CAs is suddenly harder to know.

9 Likes

my thoughts exactly

they always have periodically published figures ever since they opened, transparency has always been there, and to suggest it wonā€™t continue is being somewhat disingenuous - until it doesnt continue ā€¦:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure if I suggested anything. If you have taken any suggestions at all please donā€™t :smile:

2 Likes

I agree - you didnā€™t - I just pressed reply to the wrong post - sorry :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel like a bit of a trend could be beginningā€¦ watch that you donā€™t lose your good culture and become fake

You donā€™t be transparent by saying youā€™re transparent, but by actually doing it. I sincerely hope the line that ā€˜itā€™s a bit of a hackā€™ isnā€™t just an excuse :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Monzo were supposed to be different. I have to say Iā€™m disappointed with the degrading of transparency at Monzo now that they are removing something that I genuinely felt was honest and made them different to other banks.

6 Likes

He does say itā€™s going to be replaced in the future. It was just a botch job to pass the time

2 Likes

There isnā€™t a committment to it being replaced. It clearly states that Monzo hopes it will be replaced at some point.

2 Likes

I think youā€™re reading into it too much personally

2 Likes

It would feel better to leave the hacky solution there, and only remove it when an alternative is ready.

The feeling of having something upgraded is a lot better than the feeling of having something retired without a known replacement date.

3 Likes