Monzo alternative for under 18

Nothing is better than Monzo…so you will have to apply as soon as you are 18 :slight_smile:

That’s correct but even if that restriction wasn’t there, Monzo would still need a way to make money.

Thanks for the help, it will be the first thing I will do as soon as I will be 18 years old.

4 Likes

After CA being rolled out is there a different policy about under 18? I’ve got a kid who is passioned about having his own coral debit card. What are the rules now?

1 Like

Hi @Matik, nothing is ready right now, but here are some earlier comments about it (please click the arrow on the right to expand full post):

I use Pockit for my children, 99p for the cards (including one for me) & then as long as I top up via bank transfer and they spend there’s no charges (and some cashback too!). You can topup via Paypoint or withdraw cash but 99p for these.

Referal link:
http://www.pockit.com/referral/referred-friend?utm_source=f8458d6a-b630-4706-96de-179408e7539c&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=ReferAFriend5and5

1 Like

Last week I signed up for a card, for my son, from Nimbl. At £10pa after a three month trial it’s sounded fairly good.

The card arrived today so my son and I went online to activate it. They’re now advertising a one month trial and then £15pa, which is a disappointment.

Furthermore, their app is very poor, does not have Touch ID and has recieved no development in over a year. And their twitter account is private with only a couple of hundred followers.

I’m not getting a good vibe about this one.

I might just leave him with the second Monzo Prepaid card I have in my name.

Credit where credit is due. Nimbl responded to me within one hour confirming that, as I’d signed up before their offer changed, I’ll be getting three months free and £10 for the first year.

They’ll pass feedback to dev team on my other comment.

I’m encouraged by the speed of their response and their reply.

1 Like

If their app has received no development in a year I wonder if they even have a dev team or whether they hired someone to write it…

What I would love to see Monzo do is have a pot you can earmark for pocket money, when a child reaches a certain age you can then have a pre-pay card, and then upgrade to a current account.

I love the idea of my three year old having a Monzo account that she can see growing in daddy’s app.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.