Moneybox app integration

Would love to see this happen! Monzo without Moneybox is far less an appealing prospect, which is a such a shame.

This is clearly another fake account. Why don’t you keep in contact with monzo’s partnerships team instead of carrying on this charade?? :rolling_eyes:

1 Like

Not sure what makes you say that? Couldn’t be less fake if I tried! Received my Monzo card last Wednesday, and have been using Moneybox since November.

On trying to link the two, Moneybox informed me that their API is good to go, and that the delay is on Monzo’s side. Thus, it seemed a good idea to add my own lack of a voice to the milleu.

Bit confused as to what charade you refer too? If contacting the partnership team is more effective, I’ll do that too.

Lovely to meet the Monzo community though; you seem very trusting…

4 Likes

It seems highly strange that you have dozens of people who have generic names like JohnSmith123 who join and then manage to find this buried thread and post undying support for a money box integration. That is classic lazy fake review technique, where you think your audience is so gullible you don’t even have to mix up the fake names too much and write the same message with very slight alterations. You are a fake account!

When your staff spend their time making fake accounts hoping to get a scrap of business you know you don’t have a proper business, I certainly wouldn’t invest and feel sorry for those who have paid you to be here. If I understood it correctly monzo were suspending APIs because they didn’t want to lead on these developers who are getting their hopes up and build around foundations that may change. Is that their way of telling moneybox to back off?

It’s not really rounding off your purchases if it comes out as a lump sum after a period of time - it’s just a lump sum into your savings account, which is not new or interesting in any way. What’s unique about it anyway? Couldn’t monzo just make a script in 5 minutes that filters out the difference to the next pound and move it to nutmeg, why do they need a middleman?

If by some miracle you really are an independent person completely unrelated to this add on that few people have ever heard of then please tell us why you are so enthralled by the idea? I don’t get it at all, but all these fake accounts seem to be enthralled by it.

By the way regarding dig at ‘trusting’ community - there are some very trusting people who have allowed you to fake post 100 times about moneybox. I must be the least trusting of them all :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

I thought that these accounts might be fake too but I don’t think they are because each time we call someone out in this topic, we get a normal reply.

Moneybox are referring people who ask about a Monzo integration to this topic & that’s why they pop up here with no account history, post once and then leave.

@RossJohnson12345 doesn’t have to justify his request for the integration, there’s clearly a lot of demand for it, even if you’re not a fan of Moneybox yourself.

If this topic getting bumped is bothering you, you have the option to mute it at the bottom of the page -

Regarding my name, I can understand that that might arouse suspicions; however, all my accounts run with the same name (TSB, Betfair, etc). I’m studying for an Ma in English and American Literature, so forgive me for saving my creativity for elsewhere. Also, I am incredibly forgetful. This makes it somewhat easier?

The second paragraph doesn’t apply.

For me, having been a student now for six years, and at the bottom of a £2,000 overdraft, using Moneybox is the first time I have actually managed to save at all. It works for me. If Monzo did something similar with Nutmeg, that would be fine with me. My reason for not being with Nutmeg thus far is the £500 minimum. Anyway, what drew me to Monzo was the greater control over my finance that I have achieved with Moneybox. When asking why it was not yet supported, they told me the delay was on Monzo’s part, and that to quicken the process, I should add my voice to this thread.

I wouldn’t say enthralled! But as stated above, Moneybox has put me in a position where I have been able to save. Moving lump sums just means I touch them, where something about the psychology behind Moneybox just works for me. I guess it’s the fact that someone does it for me, so I just take a back seat in the whole thing.

Anyway, I apologise because I feel like I’ve entered into something here, and touched a nerve? Not sure what’s preceded me with the fake accounts your mentioning. I don’t want to be discredited here though, especially because I’m enjoying Monzo and want to be a part of it! Let me know what I can do to abate your fears; passport, student ID, and my betfair account with the same handle?

4 Likes

I can understand @rarther making those points. Instead of a few clearly distinct posts by regular community users we have a string of almost clone like posts by Moneybox fanboys. Hence his perfectly valid concern these were not real people but an army of sock puppet/shills, either their company’s employees or people put up to it by Moneybox. This is totally counter-productive. Had one or two people said it was good I may have looked at it, but this constant barrage of promotion thru this thread has turned off many and put them off considering it.

4 Likes

Agree. I’ve been using MoneyBox since the very early days and have found I’ve only made a few pence in a year, because of the fees. To be honest if something similar could be built into Monzo it would be wonderful.

Meanwhile I’m going to be closing my MoneyBox account as it hasn’t lived up to my expectations.

5 Likes

Hello there. I’m new on the forum, and, like some of the people above, I was sent here by Moneybox to request an integration, because I contacted their customer support to ask whether I could use my Monzo card. I must admit I have not read all the messages, because there are lots of them, and, because I am a human, I didn’t have time. However, I am a long-standing Mon[d|z]o customer and investor, and would like to see an integration with Moneybox, because I use Monzo for all my daily purchases, and I like the idea of Moneybox’ round-up feature. This is not a fake review—dare I say it, if there are lots of people making the same request, maybe it’s time to listen to that request (or, indeed, to build the functionality into the product)?

(Also, perhaps having some sort of poll/voting system for feature requests might be preferable to an interminable string of plus-ones and predictable internet trolling)

1 Like

Moneybox know that the onus is on them as a company to use the Monzo API once it is available after the launch of the current accounts.

Sending Moneybox users to the Monzo community to post in this thread is avoiding giving their users a true answer to their questions, namely explaining to them that work needs to be done by Moneybox to enable use of the planned API.

Here is the (majority of the) email I got from Moneybox:

"We are ready for Monzo, but their API is not yet ready for us! We have a
lot of Monzo users in the office so are really keen to get it going!

In order to make it happen as soon as possible, it would be fantastic if
you could make the request for Moneybox<>Monzo integration on this Monzo
feature idea page - your comment could really make a difference to this
getting done quickly!"

As you can see, it tells quite a different story. I obviously have no idea
whose is more accurate and which party is most ready for the other.
Frankly, I don’t care – I simply did as I was asked, on the offchance it
would contribute in some small way to the pool of evidence that there are
lots of Monzo users who want this integration.

1 Like

Thanks. It is good to see their email.

Their email implies the delay is down to Monzo but to put that into context Monzo are transitioning from a prepaid card to a current account with all the changes in system that entails.
Once the current account is launched an API will be available for Moneybox to use, until then any API currently available for use with the prepaid card can be used for their experimentation, but they will not be able to integrate any link to Monzo until the current accounts are launched

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it looks like API will not be available for at least a few months after current account launch. It kind of is Monzo that is holding up the integration at the moment as the API is not public and can only be used for your personal account/testing.

Building a bank from the ground up takes time, hopefully you’ll not have to wait to much for this integration.

1 Like

To be fair Monzo have already set up an integration with TransferWise & it looks like they might be doing the same with Nutmeg. In which case, a Moneybox integration before the public API is ready could be a possibility too.

If not, Patrick’s explanation of what will happen is spot on :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can I just say that I really don’t care about moneybox integration and I would be much happier if Monzo concentrated on getting the current accounts launched than wasted effort integrating an over charging savings account for people who can’t budget?

13 Likes

Maybe Monzo will develop this feature instead… looks like plenty of
people want it, after all! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Instead of what? :thinking:

doing it themselves instead of being tied in to an association with a third party, and hence less cost to Monzo customers I assume

Ahh OK. He was talking about Monzo building their own similar “save the change” functionality. Sounds good :thumbsup:

2 Likes

That sounds like a better solution… round up to nearest pound and stick that small change into a sub account… or something like that :+1:

1 Like